No more SAAB 0W-30 Turbo Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like SAAB won't be imported the 0W-30 turbo oil into the US anymore. The parts manager said it had to do with the exchange rate of the Kroner. So all the US dealerships will be using Mobil 1 0W-40. This viscosity meets the GM-LL-025 spec also.

I just bought 6 liters of the SAAB stuff for $3.45 a liter. They lowered the price $1.80 per liter. I think I will stock up on this stuff before its gone for good. My UOA proves this oil is the real thing.

Here is the part number for the SAAB 0W-30 turbo oil.

I suspect that we will see more things like this happen as a consequence of the reduced value of the US dollar. That is economically as it should be. A country with huge net imports eventually sees the value of it's currency reduced which in turn reduces both the value and the quantity of imports.

I wonder if German Castrol can be far behind.

John

that part number comes up at 1 liter of synthetic blend 5w30 oil.

whats going to happen to the mobil 1 long life 0w30 turbo oil?
should i stock up?

You are right. They charged me for the synthetic blend and not the full synthetic stuff.
fruit.gif

The full synthetic part number is 12 801 563. Yes they are not going to stock this oil anymore. All dealers will be selling and using Mobil 1 0W-40.

GM dealers don't carry this oil.

I checked the invoice from the last time I bought the 0W-30. It shows 12 801 563. SAAB dealers don't carry 0W-40. This is the same part number they show at SAABcatalog.com also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back