No more SAAB 0W-30 Turbo Oil

It looks like SAAB won't be imported the 0W-30 turbo oil into the US anymore. The parts manager said it had to do with the exchange rate of the Kroner. So all the US dealerships will be using Mobil 1 0W-40. This viscosity meets the GM-LL-025 spec also. I just bought 6 liters of the SAAB stuff for $3.45 a liter. They lowered the price $1.80 per liter. I think I will stock up on this stuff before its gone for good. My UOA proves this oil is the real thing. Here is the part number for the SAAB 0W-30 turbo oil. 400132965

I suspect that we will see more things like this happen as a consequence of the reduced value of the US dollar. That is economically as it should be. A country with huge net imports eventually sees the value of it's currency reduced which in turn reduces both the value and the quantity of imports. I wonder if German Castrol can be far behind. John

that part number comes up at 1 liter of synthetic blend 5w30 oil. whats going to happen to the mobil 1 long life 0w30 turbo oil? should i stock up?

Finklejag

You are right. They charged me for the synthetic blend and not the full synthetic stuff. [Happy] The full synthetic part number is 12 801 563. Yes they are not going to stock this oil anymore. All dealers will be selling and using Mobil 1 0W-40. GM dealers don't carry this oil.

Finklejag

I checked the invoice from the last time I bought the 0W-30. It shows 12 801 563. SAAB dealers don't carry 0W-40. This is the same part number they show at SAABcatalog.com also.