No more Ruskie ammo/guns in the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
As part of the broadening economic sanctions against Russia in regards to the Ukraine situation, the Obama Administration signed an executive order that has put an import ban on the Russian arms industry. No more Russian made guns or ammo.

So I am guessing no more Mosin Nagants, Saigas, Tula ammo, etc.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
As part of the broadening economic sanctions against Russia in regards to the Ukraine situation, the Obama Administration signed an executive order that has put an import ban on the Russian arms industry.

I bet Vlad is so upset about that and will stop right now.
lol.gif

The only thing that is going to do is get American owners of the weapons pizzed of at Obama.
Putin is laughing his arse off.

Last edited:
I've been meaning to buy that little Saiga shotgun.

Guess that ship just sailed, without me on it.

Originally Posted By: Trav
I bet Vlad is so upset about that and will stop right now.
lol.gif

The only thing that is going to do is get American owners of the weapons pizzed of at Obama.
Putin is laughing his arse off.

TraV. I suppose I would hope "Vlad" stops soon. Given what has been reported about his prospective and what he believes is Russia's given right. After expanding the Russian Empire past the Baltic his next target would be Germany. After all someone has to pay for killing 20,000,000 brave people of the Russian Empire during the Great Patriotic War.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
Don't Chinese make/sell cheap copies of those?

None of the parts interchange though so you cant accessorize them. Mags wont interchange though.

I emailed Tula USA and asked on the ammo front. But I am sad about no more Mosins or if any new cashe of K98 rifles are found. The sad thing is, if this whole Ukraine thing gets resolved, I bet all sanctions but this one will get repealed.

However, if I were Romania, the Ukraine, Serbia, etc...I would see the ammo ban as a real opportunity to make some money. I know that they can make ammo at the old arsenals.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
Don't Chinese make/sell cheap copies of those?

Chinese imports (including all ammo) were banned years ago.. Russia was the last big exporter for cheap military style arms and ammo to the US for the civilian market.

I was a federal firearms dealer in the 90's. Russia got banned back then by the Clinton administration. there were P-38's with swastika's still on them for 139 bucks and ammo was cheap, when I say cheap, I am talking 2.50 a box for 9mm. The government locked it all out and stopped the import of guns. All they could ship was new ammo and it was mostly the steel cased stuff. I wish they open that trade again.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
I was a federal firearms dealer in the 90's. Russia got banned back then by the Clinton administration. there were P-38's with swastika's still on them for 139 bucks and ammo was cheap, when I say cheap, I am talking 2.50 a box for 9mm. The government locked it all out and stopped the import of guns. All they could ship was new ammo and it was mostly the steel cased stuff. I wish they open that trade again.

That was a trade treaty that killed certain imports from Russia. Killed off things like SVD, and handgun imports. The Chinese ban has been a partial ban. Only shotguns were allowed to be imported. There were tons and tons of Chinese shotguns brought in. I have a cheap 1887 Lever action 12ga made in china that was brought in around 2005 or so. I miss the good old days too...even if that was circa 2004 for me.

They are simply importers though, not manufacturers. Tula would likely go under, but Wolf has brought in ammo from Germany, Spain, Russia, and Serbia in the past. I know there is ammo that has come in from Hungary and Romania in the past also. I assume Wolf would just track new sources.

I tried Russian ammo and I don't want it anyway. Unless it has improved greatly since I tried it (and I only tried it because of low price) it was some of the dirtiest ammo I have ever used. It made my gun very dirty and it was a hard job to clean up the mess.

I will agree Ruskie ammo runs dirty. It is an excellent test of your defense weapons' reliability for that reason. For self defense guns, if it cannot shoot any ammo I chose to run in it, I ditch the gun.

I don't care for most Russian ammo, however if any part of the ammo market vanishes, total supply will drop and prices will rise.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
I will agree Ruskie ammo runs dirty. It is an excellent test of your defense weapons' reliability for that reason. For self defense guns, if it cannot shoot any ammo I chose to run in it, I ditch the gun.

well.. i cant totaly agree with this.. My H&K USP .45 never fails.. until i ran some Tula through it.. 3-4 shots in and i had to tap and rack a FTF, Clearly the ammo's fault not my weapons.. the primer popped however the bullet never left the casing.. and the slide didnt cycle.. and im not ditching a $1,000 + dollar gun due to [censored] ammo. I ran some silver bear and Tula and American eagle through my AR.. that Tula stuff is straight up filthy.. one 30 round mag and you have thought i went through hundreds of the other stuff.. No more Tula for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back