No more Ruskie ammo/guns in the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
i love russian steel cased ammo. ill be upset if it gets banned. this ban i believe is only on Russian imported arms, i dont believe ammo is banned yet... i hope the ammo stays flowing in. My AK's eat it up like candy and they don't every seem overly dirty. The AR is more finicky and prone to gumming up. I like AR's but the Ak is just so tough. My pistols and 9mm carbines also run great on tula/wolf steel cased ammo. they run better on it than federal champion or WWB.

It looks like i need to order a few K more rounds of steel cased Russian quality before im stuck buying over priced brass 7.62x39 and 9mm

Last edited:
This doesn't mean the end of Russian ammo or guns as a whole.

It does mean no more Saigas, Veprs, or anything from Izmash/Kalashnikov Concern will be brought into the US until (if) the sanctions are lifted.

Tulammo, Barnaul, and Vympel are all GTG currently. That means the ammo is still coming in. Wolf is an American company, and they source a great amount of ammo from all over the world. If by some chance the Russian lead core ammo is sanctioned, there will still be plenty of steel case 7.62x39, 5.45x39, 9mm, .40, .45, etc. to chose from. Lately, most of the 7.62x39 I've been shooting has been SADU Romanian made ammo with sealed primers and bullets, and laquer cases!

Most of the Mosin Nagants that make it stateside are brought in from Ukraine, as is the surplus 7.62x54R ammo. We haven't been able to get our hands on surplus 7.62x54rmm ammunition directly from Russia (even though much of it was made in Russia) since the Clinton ban. It comes in mostly from Ukraine and Bulgaria, although Bulgaria has already liquidated much of it's old stock (5.45 and 7.62) since joining NATO.

If you're like me and shoot a high volume of steel case ammo through your AKs and ARs, this isn't the end. If you liked Saigas and VEPRs, well sorry. The main thing to do is not to spread panic, but to inform those who spew misinformation. I've seen multiple FB and forum posts over the last few days in which people have absolutely no idea what is going on, but yet they act as though they are professionals. We are our own worst enemies as gun owners. You can blame Obama, or Congress, or W. Bush, or whoever you want, but at the end of the day, if you haven't stocked up on ammo, magazines, parts, parts kits, components, etc., it's your fault for not being prepared.

It seems as though most people are concerned about 7.62x39 ammo disappearing. This simply won't happen. It may get all bought up like it did post Sandy Hook, but there will always be a manufacturer producing it. Romania, Ukraine, Serbia, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Hungary (they make Fiocchi brass case 7.62x39), Czech Republic, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some nations, all make 7.62x39 ammunition. There will always be someone to step in and produce it as long as there is money to be made.

Originally Posted By: austinlunsford

Most of the Mosin Nagants that make it stateside are brought in from Ukraine, as is the surplus 7.62x54R ammo. We haven't been able to get our hands on surplus 7.62x54rmm ammunition directly from Russia (even though much of it was made in Russia) since the Clinton ban. It comes in mostly from Ukraine and Bulgaria, although Bulgaria has already liquidated much of it's old stock (5.45 and 7.62) since joining NATO.

For the last year or two, a large portion of the Mosin Nagant rifles seem to have been coming from MOLOT, which is a subsidiary of Izhmash. These will have to find their way into the US through different channels, now.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jjjxlr8
Originally Posted By: austinlunsford

For the last year or two, a large portion of the Mosin Nagant rifles seem to have been coming from MOLOT, which is a subsidiary of Izhmash. These will have to find their way into the US through different channels, now.

Yup, forgot about Molot Mosins. There goes the PUs.
frown.gif

Not all of us have enough disposable income to "prepare" for the policies of various administrations. If I had thousands to burn on extra guns, parts, and ammo I would happily do so. But I had to spend my fun money on other things like a new roof on my house and car repairs.

As others have said, this isn't an outright import ban on all Russian arms and ammo.

If you are currently using an AK, SKS, or other Russian style rifle and corresponding steel cased ammo for self defense, it might behoove you to switch to a made in USA/Nato source of guns and ammo.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
As others have said, this isn't an outright import ban on all Russian arms and ammo.

If you are currently using an AK, SKS, or other Russian style rifle and corresponding steel cased ammo for self defense, it might behoove you to switch to a made in USA/Nato source of guns and ammo.

But the Russian firearms are so much sweeter to shoot!!! I do have and AR for that reason, but AK's are so much more fun to shoot!
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back