No more M1 15W50 at Wal-Mart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cos

My local Wal-Mart doesn't have M1 15W50 (qts or jugs) and says they won't stock it any more. They also didn't have any Truck & SUV 5W40 jugs nor did they have shelf space for those jugs. Are you guys finding the same?

Yeah the Wal-Mart in my area never has anything on the shelf. I just don't understand why people put up with Wal-Mart failing to stock items continuously. They are probably just out.

In my local store it is just opposite. They don't stock the items that are selling fast enough. In fact they have been out of Rotella 15w40 in the gallon jugs for some time. Store #853...

I've observed that all WalMarts do not all carry the same motor oil and such. Some will have different product mixes from particular dedicated vendors, which also seems to extend to motor oils on their shelves. For example, one new SuperCenter only has the 5W30 and 10W30 oil, with a small amount of 20W50 whereas another local one will have 10W40 in their product mixes. One carries Castrol Dexron III and the other one carries it in Pennzoil and Tech brands. Probably has to do with the particular market area and "what sells" there.

Just because one product might be removed from the shelves or closed-out would not necessarily mean it was being discontinued by the manufacturer, just that its sales were lower than anticipated. They have to keep their shelves "productive".

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back