No more gas or electric cords for me...

Well i'm impressed. The power was there. Even low speed it had power. The 4amphr 40v battery lasted about 25 minutes on high, but i was trimming some grass over knee high, probably the brush cutter would have been better. I will post later as i try attachments. I'm thinking the polesaw will work as well will the low speed torque.

I have a Greenworks battery 8" pole saw with a hedge trimmer attachment. I love it but the plastic bodies are fragile. Hedge trimmer is great with the extensions to flat top 12' high.

And a small hand held reciprocating saw with a brush cutting blade on it. Best for that stuff too big for a clippers.

Seriously considering a battery chain saw.

For smaller yards, i think battery is perfect. I just have too much, and brush clearing needs.
I have a 20V Dewalt weed trimmer, a 56V EGO max blower and an 80V Kobalt blower.

I also have a slew of semi and professional gas powered tools.

I agree with the above, the EGO runs for 13mins, with just a couple of stops to reposition myself. The Kobalt about 5 minutes before it loses so much power it won't do the job. The Dewalt trimmer chews through 4ea, 4ah batteries to complete my overgrown Florida 2 acre yard, plus it takes twice as long to do the job.

Good thing I use the blowers for the hangars, and the trimmer has been demoted to wife duty.

I purchased a 26cc Echo professional trimmer. It's righteous. Furthermore I'm 100% sure it won't need an expensive battery replacement in 5 years. As my other Echo stuff is 20 years old and still great.

SRM-2620T_calloutsUpdate.png

Bought a Toro electric mower c. 12 years ago. Love it, and wouldn't go back. The three 12 V batteries are still going strong. They're in series, so the electric motor's nominal operating voltage is 36 V.

The steel-bodied body has held up well - some of the plastic ones look flimsy.

The mower is only used c. mid-May - mid-October here - the 7-months off used to not be good for the old gas mower.

It's very nice to be able to turn the mower on its side to flush out the grass mulch with the hose. That would result in spilt oil and gasoline with a gasoline engine.

Back