No more Fram Ultra's at my Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SilverC6
Wallyworld near me has so much throughput that it's amazing that they can keep the doors open.

Restocking every evening has got to be a nightmare.

I wouldn't think $9 oil filters would be a problem restocking though.

Restocking/shipping merchandises is a big problem for retail stores like Walmart and grocery stores too.

Im not sure if i will ever buy an ultra again anyway so i guess it don't matter. I will continue using my Wix filters i get from my filter distributor. And if purolater ever builds a decent filter again i may use Motorcraft or Mopar and may even go back to the classic at $3.28 but they really have to improve and that wont be for a few years anyway. I guess everyone that wants an ultra has to go to an auto parts store and get hit over the head with a high price..

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
I guess everyone that wants an ultra has to go to an auto parts store and get hit over the head with a high price..
Not if you have an AAP near you--use a code and get them for about $7.50 each.

Originally Posted By: Doog
Originally Posted By: gregk24
It will be a sad day if my Walmart stops carrying them. They are my go-to filter for my Accord.

Your Accord will be just as happy with an orange can

It probably would be fine, but for only a couple $$ more you get much better filtration and peace of mind for 15K miles. Totally worth it IMO.

Noticed the same thing at Walmart in Northern NJ. Only few Fram Ultra filters left, segregated into a separate area and many on clearance. Looks like Walmart ain't going to carry Fram Ultra no more.

My Walmart has switched to 80% Purolator, 20% Fram now. Used to be the other way around last year and no more Supertech at all. Purolator is their go-to brand now and I'm fine with that.

Originally Posted By: catdiesel
My Walmart has switched to 80% Purolator, 20% Fram now. Used to be the other way around last year and no more Supertech at all. Purolator is their go-to brand now and I'm fine with that.

I wonder if this is a local or regional decision based on what product is selling the best. In my Walmart it is the complete opposite with almost all Frams.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
I wonder if this is a local or regional decision based on what product is selling the best. In my Walmart it is the complete opposite with almost all Frams.
Same in the Houston area...

Originally Posted By: davison0976
Noticed the same thing at Walmart in Northern NJ. Only few Fram Ultra filters left, segregated into a separate area and many on clearance. Looks like Walmart ain't going to carry Fram Ultra no more.

I HOPE that the Pennsyltuckey stores are NOT the next in line to 'disappear' the Ultras!
mad.gif
31.gif

Originally Posted By: Nate1979

The decision might not have anything to do with sales. It might have to do with theft, by customers swapping basic Fram orange filters for the Ultras.

I have to check EVERY time I buy a filter at Walmart. I can't tell you how many times I've found the wrong filter in the box.

It would be great if they started selling Wix at a good price Wix would fly off the shelves.

I sincerely hope that Wix does NOT sell their filters at WalMart.
While most manufacturers dictate to the sellers how much their product will cost, WalMart dictates to the manufacturers how much they will pay for their product. If you don't comply, WM just might drop you from their lineup. There's too much of a temptation for the manufacturer to cheapen their product just so it can sit on the shelf at WalMart.
I will admit that I will buy some products at WalMart. I just hope that a Wix filter is not one of them.

Originally Posted By: Kruse
It would be great if they started selling Wix at a good price Wix would fly off the shelves.

I sincerely hope that Wix does NOT sell their filters at WalMart.
While most manufacturers dictate to the sellers how much their product will cost, WalMart dictates to the manufacturers how much they will pay for their product. If you don't comply, WM just might drop you from their lineup. There's too much of a temptation for the manufacturer to cheapen their product just so it can sit on the shelf at WalMart.
I will admit that I will buy some products at WalMart. I just hope that a Wix filter is not one of them.
Maybe that is what happened to Terolator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back