No more Buell Motorcycles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Egads. Nice to have something made around here that doesn't start with "H"...

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Maybe H.D. will try to market a cafe racer again???

With the greying of America and the penchant for middle aged accountants to tool around on a chopper with ape hangers, nothing would surprise me.

This sucks. I guess my Buell is an instant classic now.

What really sucks, since HD is majority owner of the Buell name, Eric can't even team up with another brand, or stick out on his own again.

I really think Buell would be better off if it weren't sold in Harley stores, it's treated like a red headed step child. The sport bike crowd wants nothing to do with Buell because of this.

If it were broken out, and sold with like type bikes, you would see more of them. Those of us that really ride, know that Buell's perform as good if not better than a lot of the other bikes out there.

I'm just depressed now. Jeez

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
Maybe they can get a bailout.....

Maybe they'll be sold in Saturn dealerships....oh wait.

OH SNAP!

October 16, 2009
AP
Iwata, Japan

In a statement released by Yamaha Motor Corporation, Hirofumi Osawa, President of Yamaha Corporation of America, stated that the company is looking into acquiring recently defunct Buell Motorcycles. “We are interested in the spirit of innovation that Buell has used as a foundation in their business. We feel their values align well with Yamaha’s culture”, stated Mr. Osawa.

According to Yamaha, discussions of a purchase are in the exploratory stage. Harley-Davidson Corp, owner of Buell since 2003, could not be reached for comment.

Originally Posted By: heavyhitter
OH SNAP!

October 16, 2009
AP
Iwata, Japan

In a statement released by Yamaha Motor Corporation, Hirofumi Osawa, President of Yamaha Corporation of America, stated that the company is looking into acquiring recently defunct Buell Motorcycles. “We are interested in the spirit of innovation that Buell has used as a foundation in their business. We feel their values align well with Yamaha’s culture”, stated Mr. Osawa.

According to Yamaha, discussions of a purchase are in the exploratory stage. Harley-Davidson Corp, owner of Buell since 2003, could not be reached for comment.

I am guessing this is not likely to happen. But then again who am I to say.

I bet Buell sales would explode if they were sold in Yamaha stores. Any sport biker that can "ride" would really enjoy the sporting-road performance of a Buell.

If you just want to go really fast in a straight line (ala Hyabusa) or want more power than you can really use on the street, then stick with the Japanese brands. If you want a great handling street bike. Buell is it.

I've owned a BMW, a Triumph, a Kawasaki (cruiser) and now the Buell. The buell is the best of all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back