no MOBIL 1 EP 0W20 !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I went to pick up mobil 1 EP 0w20 for my gmc AT4 6.2L V8 and shelfs was EMPTY !!! 3 deferent stores (Walmart ) no oil, I dont believe there is any on amazon from what I can see..... so I picked up VALVOLINE EP 0W20 again and was on sale for 28$ a jug at Walmart

may want to check out royal purple 0w-20,good low temp propertys
The OG M1 EP 0W-20, which was majority PAO, would have kicked the API RP's teeth in on cold temp performance. The API RP (HPS) 0W-20 has a pour point of -47C, which points to very little if any PAO in the base oil blend.

The CCS for it at 5,729cP certainly isn't remarkable. The old M1 AFE 0W-20 had a CCS visc of 4,182cP.

My custom "Euro" 0W-20 has a CCS visc of 4,566cP and a pour point of -63C (-81F).

Why not try a local parts store if they don’t have it in stock I’m sure they can get it the next day. How much time did you waste checking other Walmarts. Probably only $10 or 15 more. Buy local.

opps stand corrected,,the pour point is -54f,on the royal purple,there must be other choices,,mobil 1 is found at may places,it a very good engine oil,have used it myself

So I went to pick up mobil 1 EP 0w20 for my gmc AT4 6.2L V8 and shelfs was EMPTY !!! 3 deferent stores (Walmart ) no oil, I dont believe there is any on amazon from what I can see..... so I picked up VALVOLINE EP 0W20 again and was on sale for 28$ a jug at Walmart

This horse is dead, it has been dug up, beaten again, and reburied.

did a bit of checking ,on amazon you can obtain triax euro ultra lv,for $64.45 PER (6) QUARTS,,THE POUR POINT IS -60F,MEETS DEXOS GEN 2,AND MANY EURO SPECS,,AND IS PAO,ESTER BASED OIL,NOT SURE OF THE PERCENTS,SEEMS LIKE A GOOD DEAL IF MOBILE 1 IS HARD TO LOCATE.

Got tired of looking myself. Walking through Costco and heard the two jug Kirkland synthetic 0w20 box calling my name. Less than 40 bucks for 10 quarts. Pretty easy choice at that moment.

I honestly would love to use the ACDELCO OIL FOR MY TRUCK BUT THERE IS NO WAY I AM PAYING 12$ QUART FOR IT.

If I paid that much for a truck you best believe I'd be running a boutique brand oil and the best oil filter (Fram Titianium imo) you could find. Stick with a factory air filter or something very comparable. As it is just as important if not more than the oil/oil filter you choose. HPL or Redline. End of story.

This is just me but ,I'm not gonna pay 70k or 80k for a truck , then draw a line in the sand on how much I spend for a oil change.
its not about the money its about the profit they are making out of people, do you think sc deco worth 13 dollars per quart ? they ripping people off, that's the part I don't like, so I refuse to purchase their oil. their oil os at best 4$ not 13........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back