No longer using Rotella T 5W40. Walmart throws me a bone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I just noticed my Walmart has the Mobil 1 Truck & SUV 5W40 in 5qt jugs for $20.xx. Nice. I used to buy the Shell Rotella T "syn" 5W40 for $14.xx for a 4qt jug and an extra qt for $3.xx to top it off. Now I can get a bonafide full synthetic for just a few bucks more. It really pays to not have my wife at the store with me so I can actually look at the oil rather than just reach out and snag what I came for.
grin.gif

Oh ..my wife leaves me in the oil section while she goes and buys the junk that she needs.

Yep ..as soon as T&SUV came out in the 5 quart jug ..RTS just didn't have the same advantage. By the quart T&SUV was (and still is) $4.77, RTS was about $3.20. Then the price of RTS went to $13.xx/gallon and T&SUV went to $20/5quarts ...the difference in cost just blurred to around $0.50-$0.60/quart. I don't know how much difference there is in performance between the two.

quote:

Originally posted by Gary Allan:
Oh ..my wife leaves me in the oil section while she goes and buys the junk that she needs.

My wife equates having to wait while I compare brands of oil to me having to wait for her in the feminine hygiene aisle.

No way. Not even close. Ugh-ugh.

quote:

Originally posted by Crack_Tan:

quote:

Originally posted by Gary Allan:

My wife equates having to wait while I compare brands of oil to me having to wait for her in the feminine hygiene aisle.

No way. Not even close. Ugh-ugh.

You can always tell her you wouldn't mind waiting in the feminine hygiene aisle as long as she has no problem w/ you discussing w/ other women the absorbency and capacity of those products, and is it true that size of the product really matters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back