No Fumoto Oil Change - Never Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Alex_V
I take what measures I can to avoid spilling oil, but some still makes it to the floor sometimes and I've never worried about it...

Does that make me a bad mechanic?
frown.gif

No. If you want to feel better Ill tell you what I did a few weeks ago.
I wanted to perform a valve body modification to one of my cars and the cleanest way to drop the transmission pan is to take one of the trans cooler lines off and let the trans pump its own fluid out. As other wise the fluid level is above pan level and it leaks and drips all over the place while you're unbolting it.
Got the line off, couldnt find my hose and barb I keep around to extend the hose. I usually just pump it right into a 5qt oil jug using the extension.
Gave up looking after a few minutes and just wedged the line so it was pointing down. Eyeballed the drain pan so it would squirt into it. Started the car.
You know what happened.
By the time I reached under the car and moved the pan to actually catch the stream, I had dumped several quarts of ATF onto the concrete.
So much for my 'no mess' ATF drain.

You know I just thought of this.... At least you are feeling good enough to do this. And that is a very thing indeed. I hope that this continues for you man.

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
[......You know what happened.
By the time I reached under the car and moved the pan to actually catch the stream, I had dumped several quarts of ATF onto the concrete.
So much for my 'no mess' ATF drain.

Awe man! I've been there too.

I was pumping out a GM 4L60E into a gallon plastic jug some years back. Thought that would be mess free too! By the time I got off the ground and to the ignition key, the jug overflowed big time, shooting ATF everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back