No filters except Wix,Napa Gold,Purelator

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason my jerky Lexus/Toyota 1MZ-FE motor has start up rattle on any filter except Wix,Napa Gold,or Purelator. I have a nice Mobil-1 filter on it now,blew in it and all that jazz,and the [censored] thing rattles on start up!!
mad.gif
It`s really starting to [censored] me off!! now I have to crawl under their again,take down the plastic splash shield etc.etc. The wife is like: "your always doing something under that friggin car"
smirk2.gif

Last edited:
The same start up rattle used to occur since changing the filter from Mann to mobil1 filter on my volvo I6, now it does not after 1000 miles.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
It's telling you it wants the good stuff...

Yeah,I suppose your right.

Try an Amsoil EAO filter as a test and see if you have the same problem... If you don't then just run that filter for 15K miles. It's a very robust filter with great flow and will save you having to remove the plastic plate under the car so often.
wink.gif

My Santa Fe is one of those picky engines and it likes certain filter and certian oils or else it gets Biatchy.

I have had the same headaches with my truck. Then I though I had it solved and the winter came and it came back... Only filters I could make my engine quiet with in the summer/winter were Wix, or Amsoil EAO.

I stuck with the EAO because it's extremely well built inside and will last for a long time. Saving me the trouble of changing it out as frequently and leaving my engine quiet!
wink.gif

I too have a skid plate under my truck, and while Hyundai was nice enough to give me an access door to the filter, it doesn't leave much room for your hand and oil drips all over the MF thing and makes a mess so I enjoy not changing the filter as often.

I feel your pain!
grin2.gif

The original Toyota filters are just as cheap, might try that. Or a Denso to get the same filter with red silicone adbv. Personally I think the black nitrile valves work just fine for normal intervals. I thought on that engine the filter is changed from above.

Originally Posted By: Newtonville
The original Toyota filters are just as cheap, might try that. Or a Denso to get the same filter with red silicone adbv. Personally I think the black nitrile valves work just fine for normal intervals. I thought on that engine the filter is changed from above.

I thought on that engine the filter is changed from above.
Yeah,I wish it was! I may look into a filter re-location kit for this.

Years ago I switched my Corvette from GM's premium filter (UPF-44) to WIX or NAPA Gold (same filter). I did this because a lot of corvette owners were complaining that they and the Mobil 1 filters, filter too good, at the expense of oil flow.

My cold start oil pressure increased 10-15 psi with WIX. Since the Corvette oil pressure sensor is AFTER the oil filter, more pressure equals more flow.

I now use WIX on all my cars.

Originally Posted By: Corvette Owner
Years ago I switched my Corvette from GM's premium filter (UPF-44) to WIX or NAPA Gold (same filter). I did this because a lot of corvette owners were complaining that they and the Mobil 1 filters, filter too good, at the expense of oil flow.

My cold start oil pressure increased 10-15 psi with WIX. Since the Corvette oil pressure sensor is AFTER the oil filter, more pressure equals more flow.

I now use WIX on all my cars.

Good information CO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back