NO EDGE at my AutoZone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went in to my local AZ today to get some castrol Edge with my coupon...GUESS WHAT??? None to be found...they do not carry it anymore they told me..just mainly a big display of YB, PP, Syntec, VAL conv, Dura max,Max life, esso??, some kendall, some autozone, some coastal, some peak, GTX, and MC.

what gives??

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lucerne06

what gives??

Castrol has got to decide if they want to lower the price or take it off the market completely. Beings that a lot of places have stopped carrying it, me thinks the latter.

Buy it while you can, loyalists.

Think with your dipstick and send a sludge photo. HAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Wally Mart just dropped the price to $26 per jug, what Mobil used to cost, until we found out that Mobil actually wears out the engine, so they dropped Mobil to 22$, and since we know that PP is great oil, the price of that is now more than Mobil. I just picked up 3 jugs of ST synthetic 5w30 for 15$ a jug - a brand I trust, at a price I like.

Originally Posted By: Captain_Klink
Wally Mart just dropped the price to $26 per jug, what Mobil used to cost, until we found out that Mobil actually wears out the engine, so they dropped Mobil to 22$, and since we know that PP is great oil, the price of that is now more than Mobil. I just picked up 3 jugs of ST synthetic 5w30 for 15$ a jug - a brand I trust, at a price I like.

Schultz, How many engines have you seen that were worn out with M1 oils?

Castrol doesn't need both Edge and Syntec. One name has got to go. I picked up a quart of Edge figuring that since it's 8x better than M1 that simply mixing one quart with M1 should provide enough boost to make the M1 twice as good
banana2.gif

Originally Posted By: tig1

On the RSX Forum I frequented, Mobil 1 5w-30 was the oil of choice for burned-out engines.Oil-burning crop dusters with galled cams, running Mobil 1 their whole lives. Can't say it never happens, because it does.

IMHO, Castrol made a significant marketing error when they tried to get what amounted to a $10 premium over other synthetics for a 5-qt jug of Edge. Now that it's selling at $26 (or less if you can buy it at the $3 per-quart discount price), it's a good deal. The question now is whether it will be pulled from the U.S. market entirely.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
Originally Posted By: tig1

On the RSX Forum I frequented, Mobil 1 5w-30 was the oil of choice for burned-out engines.Oil-burning crop dusters with galled cams, running Mobil 1 their whole lives. Can't say it never happens, because it does.

But that's not your's or Schultz personal experience. Your going on hearsay with no knowledge of the abuse or inherient design flaws that may be in those engines. You didn't tell of the many M1 users that had no problems that maintained their engines properly are the engines that failed using other oils through abuse.
The only cam failures that I have ever seen has been due to oil flow loss(sludge). Both overhead cam or overhead valve design.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tenderloin
No doubt some RSX boy racers burned up a few motors. M1 to blame? I call B S on that one.

Exactely, Johnny reported M1 5-30 straight from the bottle was used at the 24 hours of Daytona in several cars. The pit crews told Johnny they use it because it works. His post can be found under the racing section last February.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back