No change Briggs video

Meh. I don't really see the big deal. It's all marketing, and Briggs trying to sell people on the idea that their engines require less maintenance. I'd be willing to bet money that the marketing has somehow made more customers aware that they need to check their oil. I can't count the number of small engines that come through my garage, from just out of warranty to 20 years old, that are locked up solid from no oil, and when I ask the owner if they checked it I get a blank stare.

Just yesterday I did an oil change on a box store zero turn mower with a Briggs, the date code on it said 2014, so almost 10 years old, and I drained the original oil and took off the factory oil filter.

I wish I could remember the exact words of my wife’s 85 year old (at the time) grandpa when he was telling me about his new mower that he couldn’t change the oil in.

I realize it can be siphoned and isn’t a huge deal, but sometimes it’s best to just let them rant. Lol

Maybe I need to change the oil in my Honda powered Craftsman. :unsure: It's been 16 years since I changed its oil. Unknown hours since - the plug wire for the hour meter broke off a long time ago.

I changed the oil in my powered push mower every year - from 1988 until about 2013 (new Honda push mower in 2008) then I discovered about the time I turned 55 I had a hill in my front yard. So I bought a Honda powered self propelled mower.

I have change the oil in my "new" Honda self propelled mower every year since 2013 - lately been using Valvoline Premium Blue 10W30.

Even after a year the oil looks dark - I will guess I mow with it 30 times a year about an hour a time.

I still use the old mower once in a while in the flat back yard - I still change in every other year - takes 5 inutes.

Back