No AC Delco motor oil to Ca.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty common. What's really surprising is they won't ship to Mississippi!

It almost certainly has to do with labeling or hazmat shipping requirements, or a chemical/material that may be in it.

I frequently see warnings when looking up brake pads in the GM catalog. Only newer "low copper" or some such versions can be sold there.

Since motor oil causes cancer. Shouldn't it be banned like a plethora of chemicals.......Just using logic of said state. Prop 65

Every product sold in Ca must have a " may cause cancer" sticker. I bet they don't have that sticker.
Bingo. I know the owner of Adams car care, and he started out in a tiny shop in Boulder Colorado. 50% or more of his start-up costs were to jump through hoops to be allowed sales in California

Since motor oil causes cancer. Shouldn't it be banned like a plethora of chemicals.......Just using logic of said state. Prop 65

Motor oil itself no. There's no Prop 65 warning on motor oil as unused motor oil doesn't really have cancer causing chemicals. There would be standard warnings about used motor oil being potentially dangerous.

Not necessarily through a third-party seller. That's not Amazon selling it directly.

Amazon isn't selling it directly, but they run the platform and the software that can automatically collect the fee.

Just like ebay. You don't buy anything directly from ebay, just a particular seller, yet ebay has the software/programming to automatically add any taxes due. And Amazon is a much bigger company than ebay and has much more resources at its disposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back