Nissan VQ30DE Quaker state Defy 5W30

Status
Not open for further replies.
110,000 miles a family members maxima just changed the oil with qs defy and a purolator classic seems to like the oil better than the castrol syn blend and ocod combo. What oil and visco would you reccomend?

I know a few who own the VQ and seem to like Valvoline SynBlend with WIX or P1. Another buddy of mine has used M1 with Nissan filters for a while now.

Doesn't the VQ call for 5w-30?

I really like the QS Defy 5W30 in my '80 Firebird FORMULA V8. It's made the engine smoother/quieter than any oil before it(and I've owned this car for 33 yrs).

I have used MaxLife 5W30 on the 3 previous/summers OCI's and will be going back to the MaxLife summer 2014 only because I got the ML on sale. But, I like the QS DEFY better. Both oils have slowed down my leaking/drips/make up qts.

I can't say that one is better than the other in the "slowing down the leaks" dept. But, the DEFY certainly makes this old Small Block V8...out of charactor smooth/quiet! Which I am finding to be true with other QS oils that I've been using in my daily drivers.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jdmstr22
110,000 miles a family members maxima just changed the oil with qs defy and a purolator classic seems to like the oil better than the castrol syn blend and ocod combo. What oil and visco would you reccomend?

The VQ motors are not picky about oil. I would use whichever 5w30 is on sale at the time.

amen

my 98 infiniti I30 has around 310,000 on it with a steady diet of PP

the 30 and 35 are simply terific engines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back