Nissan Versa budget filter

ok so I always had a ford or toyota...
It was weird doing this filter change...but not impossible.

Takes a bit of abdominal muscles or someone with a much smaller skull...
anyways,

i will attach image of what came out...Valeo brand. Made in mex. Never heard of it. But it is pretty fluffy dense filtering material.

i am replacing it at 16,300 miles and its not in bad shape...but I went ahead and just did it. With a Protec PTC10277 (similar spaces and pleating but the filtering media had less mass) it did get in and fit correctly inside the air box and fit once I got the little door out of the way. It came from rock auto for about $6

This job is much easier if you know how to work one of those folding hand fans...there is a way to get it in there sitting correctly.
I guess I need to work out more, to make it easier next time... lol

K thanks,
Bye🪛

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 42
Valeo is a major Tier 1 OE supplier, right up there with Bosch and Denso. They are French.

If you're interested and can find it, the Valeo part number is 701024.

The Valeo ClimFilter is good stuff.

Last edited:
My Altima is similar. In my situation, I can't just remove the CAF to check it without having the filter tear. So, if I remove the filter out, I'm putting in a new one.

anyways,

i will attach image of what came out...Valeo brand. Made in mex. Never heard of it. But it is pretty fluffy dense filtering material.

i am replacing it at 16,300 miles and its not in bad shape...but I went ahead and just did it. With a Protec PTC10277 (similar spaces and pleating but the filtering media had less mass) it did get in and fit correctly inside the air box and fit once I got the little door out of the way. It came from rock auto for about $6

This job is much easier if you know how to work one of those folding hand fans...there is a way to get it in there sitting correctly.

K thanks,
Bye🪛
+1 about the cabin filter location on a Versa. I think they start the assembly line with a cabin filter and then they build the car around it. Locking your ankles around the head rest and lowering yourself like you’re kissing the Blarney Stone seems to work.

Can only vouch for the 2012 MY. I used to laugh at fellow motorists wearing masks when driving alone until I realized they were all Versa owners. Easier to mask up then to change that everlovin cabin filter😷

Its a lil late for me. Im stuck with this guy for the long haul...
I'm already glad I did not have to dump the glove box & put it all back though.

Maybe 2022+ Nissans are different, but all but the Frontier, Titan and Armada have this ridiculous CAF design. You basically hope the filter expands property once they're in there. I've never gotten one out without mangling it in some way.

Its a lil late for me. Im stuck with this guy for the long haul...
I'm already glad I did not have to dump the glove box & put it all back though.
Don’t feel stuck. I’ve owned my Versa for 11 years. Just turned 92k. A couple of drain and fills on the Cvt and regular .maintenance. If cheap, reliable transportation is why you bought it you did well. Stay in the right lane, know your place, pocket your savings. Mine was 14k out the door. Haven’t touched the a/c since day one and it’s ice cold. It’s just not Rodeo Drive material.

Attachments

• E84484FB-DCCC-49DA-BED8-05721B20060D.jpeg
    E84484FB-DCCC-49DA-BED8-05721B20060D.jpeg
    135.7 KB · Views: 14

anyways,

K thanks,
Bye🪛
My Rogue had the cabin filter between the firewall and the bottom of the HVAC stack on the driveline hump. Quite a contortionist job, but after cussing the engineers a lot the first time but figuring the job out, the second time would have been easy.
I recall have to remove the center console kick panel near the gas pedal, and then compressing and bending the new filter to get it into its slot. Then it expands into place. Magically.

I must admit that the driver's door sill does a job on one's old ribs.

Don’t feel stuck. I’ve owned my Versa for 11 years. Just turned 92k. A couple of drain and fills on the Cvt and regular .maintenance. If cheap, reliable transportation is why you bought it you did well. Stay in the right lane, know your place, pocket your savings. Mine was 14k out the door. Haven’t touched the a/c since day one and it’s ice cold. It’s just not Rodeo Drive material.
Very assuring thanks. I do a lot of highway driving with almost no cargo or passengers... it seemed logical for an investment.
The smaller engine also has been teaching me to drive less aggressively and get into risky highway situations less often. Lol
You should PM @ARCOgraphite, as he has some significant insight into oil filters related to the 1.6 litre engine and conn rod bearing failures (in part possibly due to oil filter improper construction).
Does it apply to Nissan brand oil filters?
I got a sweet deal when I bought the car and they give me 2-4 per year .

Very assuring thanks. I do a lot of highway driving with almost no cargo or passengers... it seemed logical for an investment.
The smaller engine also has been teaching me to drive less aggressively and get into risky highway situations less often. Lol

Does it apply to Nissan brand oil filters?
I got a sweet deal when I bought the car and they give me 2-4 per year .
Here is a link to Sayjac's post re: defective ADBV design on Grupo Gonher made Nissan filters. I had MAJOR problems with a Made in China Nissan Filter on my Versa Note.

@ARCOgraphite , in the following post (#82) Post in thread 'What is the worst car you ever owned?' https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/what-is-the-worst-car-you-ever-owned.356927/post-6167585
you speak of a cardboard end cap, with ~ 0.5 mm end clearance with (presumably) the can-bottom. I'm confused, as doesn't normal oil-flow go radially-inwards thru the pleated filter media to reach the core (outlet), proceeding then out of the filter? End-cap clearance would pertain to filter bypass valve "access" only, no?

Actually, NOW I understand, I think. Near the filter-base (as u clearly said) there is scant radial clearance with the ID of the filter can...

Last edited:
Back