Nissan to Cut 20,000 Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cuts are everywhere now-a-days.

I just got my pay cut today. I am a GM salary employee.

gm boy my friend at roadway just got his pay cut 10 percent, a lot of the transplant workers at toyota are temps, no benefits. the priruis is built with temps in japan making 12.35 per hour living in company housing also with no benefits. if gm or ford would work this way there would be a revolt.

Originally Posted By: mcshooter
gm boy my friend at roadway just got his pay cut 10 percent, a lot of the transplant workers at toyota are temps, no benefits. the priruis is built with temps in japan making 12.35 per hour living in company housing also with no benefits. if gm or ford would work this way there would be a revolt.

You are so correct. The news media never reports the high level of temp workers in Toyota plants here in the USA. (Also other foriegn makers). No wonder their costs are much less than the big 3 in this respect.

Did you all see the "GM Inside the Crisis" special on NBC tonight? was good. They pointed a bit at the Japanese lower cost of labour and difference in benefits.

I would be willing to pay a bit more for a domestic vehicle knowing that it's employing hard working people making a great product. But IMO they are still a bit overpaid and aren't making the products I want.

I don't blame the workers at all I blame the management as I think most people do.

But I would pay up to $5,000 more on a $30,000 car for a domestic vehicle that employs a group of people making a fair wage with fair benefits (not what they currently get) instead of a "Foreign" automaker because it would be good for the country, but that product I'm paying a bit more has to be of equal or better quality and has to have all the features I'm looking for.

grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back