Nissan says 2000 mile oil changes

Sounds like he has interest in oil companies. ;)

When I was at 855 Cummins engine school our instructor said he used nothing but Mobil1 and changed it at 3k miles. I asked him if I could have his used oil.
Holy crap! Trucking outfits would go broke doing $300 oil changes every week!

Absolutely correct, the Honda Certified Master Technician that services our CRV and Civic, both w/1.5t engines has had several discussions with me on this subject. Honda's MM is an algorithm, tells you nothing about actual oil condition. The CRV just turned 10k after 4 years, is almost exclusively short trips, gets changed twice a year with Mobil1 5W-30 EP and the Civic, which gets about 10-12k/yr gets Mobil1 0w20 EP between 3-4k intervals. I also do the CVT spill and fill every 30k. I'm well aware that a LOT of 1 5t crv's follow the MM, do 7.5k or more OCI's and somehow keep spinning along but I'd rather err on the side of being pro-active. We never do warm-up more than 2-3 minutes, just drive gently for a few miles. For whatever reason, the 1.5t is a very cool running engine and the CRV seems to be harder on oil, especially with dilution than any of my Civics, but the Civic gets a lot more highway miles. I generally never push any lubricant to it's limits.
As is the majority of other manufacturers OLM. That is what most people follow and I haven't seen any blown motors on the Interstate in years. If I see a vehicle over on the side of the road it's invariably a flat tire. And where I live 9,000 foot mountain passes and 90plus degrees in the summer is what many vehicles see.

Back