Nissan May Kill Off Titan Fullsize Pickup Truck. -Motor Trend

With the move to EV, could it just be time? I don’t know what Nissan’s long term plans are, but unless if they plan to EV their big SUV’s, would it be worth the effort to do so on just the Titan? is the ROI there?

This rumor has been reported from more than one source. The sales numbers are NOT ENOUGH for the model to sustain itself regardless of what power trains, parts, etc., the Titan may share with other models. It will be discontinued within the next two years. I'm still trying to decide if I would buy one if it was announced-and a Titan could be acquired for a bargain basement price (at a 10 to 15 large discount from MSRP). A large-unmolested V8 (i.e. without cylinder deactivation) does have some appeal. And a very small cash difference between my current truck and the new one.

Japan's biggest mistake was they never made 1 and 1.5 ton trucks. I've only bought Japanese cars once I became of age lol. And I would have bought their trucks if they made superdutys and hd type trucks. those were the only American vehicles I ever bought while I had my business and needed one ton trucks

They have been pushing the smaller truck pretty hard . The Titan has been absent from a lot of their advertising .

This rumor has been reported from more than one source. The sales numbers are NOT ENOUGH for the model to sustain itself regardless of what power trains, parts, etc., the Titan may share with other models. It will be discontinued within the next two years. I'm still trying to decide if I would buy one if it was announced-and a Titan could be acquired for a bargain basement price (at a 10 to 15 large discount from MSRP). A large-unmolested V8 (i.e. without cylinder deactivation) does have some appeal. And a very small cash difference between my current truck and the new one.
Would you keep it long term? I'd think a discontinued model might drop in value faster, but maybe the market won't care, and depreciation would continue at a normal pace. [I know we live in weird times, but I also know you aren't one to own 10+ years.]

Japan's biggest mistake was they never made 1 and 1.5 ton trucks. I've only bought Japanese cars once I became of age lol. And I would have bought their trucks if they made superdutys and hd type trucks. those were the only American vehicles I ever bought while I had my business and needed one ton trucks
Chicken tax is the issue unless it is made in the USA. That is what killed the foreign truck market.

Kinda sad because the Titan really is very good truck! Nissan has been hurting and competing against the Big-3 is a battle when you're dealing with contractors and "truck people" that love their home-grown. They don't advertise the Titan (Probably wouldn't help at this point.) and they recently updated the Frontier.

Now that gas prices have gone through the roof.... The Titan's MPG hurts it also. But... most trucks get ^$#^$% mileage anyway...

I keep vehicles for as long as possible and I'd buy one. Last of the V-8's and a basic layout. It's too bad Nissan didn't focus more and spent other money on trying to compete with everyone in the Luxury camps... Gimmes a good ole truck like the Titan any day.

Would you keep it long term? I'd think a discontinued model might drop in value faster, but maybe the market won't care, and depreciation would continue at a normal pace. [I know we live in weird times, but I also know you aren't one to own 10+ years.]

It would be my last truck-until pulling the travel trailer and going on the road isn't fun anymore. Then it would depend on how health is going, as to allow us to ride our e-bikes and what not. We did 40 miles last week (they are peddle assist-no throttle).

It's possible they chop it.

My 2004 is still going strong and frankly only the 3.5 ecoboost and the 6.2 are demonstrably better towing rigs than it is.

Toyota had 3/4 ton and 1 ton pickups fully designed and ready to go into production, including an Isuzu Diesel engine option, until the fuel price spike and subsequent full-size pickup and SUV sales collapse in 2008-2009. They shelved them and that was that.

Back