Nissan DLR put 0w20 in car that specs 5w30. worry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Echoing many others, I would politely ask that they correct their mistakes. As a service advisor at a Ford dealer, I’ll say this- I will admit when I was wrong. But if you come at me with guns blazing like some suggest, I’m not going to be inclined to help. That is never the way to get things done.

Also- many parts departments will round up to the nearest while quart when they charge out motor oil. If the car takes 3.4 quarts they charge out 4. That does not mean they put 4 quarts in. I know, it seems kind of shady, but that’s how a lot of parts departments charge out motor oil.

Just my $0.02

Give me frieking brake.... 0w20 in a hoopty roo Doo Versa with enough hamster power that may get zero to sixty in 19 seconds..... That car will be fine with 0w20.... Seriously
Great day in the morning. It's not a Porsche. Aka needing Porsche A40 oil in it. And like I said... That hamster powered car ain't going to be driven at Spa, Road America, or the Indy 500. It's going to be driven by a older fella who is not Mario Andretti.

And for the record... I know what a roopty Doo roo car accelerates like... Try a 95 Nissan Sentra. Same exhilarating experience as the Versa
lol.gif

Last edited:
Interesting in that if a poster says he's going to put 5W30 in his 0W20 specced car, the questions are if this person thinks that he knows more than the engineers that designed the car, and the ragging begins.

a grade lower than specced, and overfilled...it will be all AOK...in spite of the manual and the markings on the dipstick.

The dealer failed to provide the service paid for...should correct it at their cost (I understand the reticence to use someone who has displayed multiple levels of shoddy workmanship).

Interesting also is posters who hibernate for 8 years.

There's a trend of sleepers out at the moment.

I agree. The specified viscosity in the manual should be used. I'd take it back and have them correct it, and regardless of margin for error, too much is always too much.

whistle.gif

In all honesty, either will work fine and anyone can make a mistake. If it happens again...PROBLEM.

Originally Posted By: Artem
CrAlt said:
Im going to have to agree with @ Bryanccfshr on this one. I would go back to the dealer, express your displeasure and unhappiness / concern of the work that the idiot 17 year old high school drop out performed on your vehicle and insist that their best and most experienced and actually QUALIFIED mechanic REDO the entire oil change, filter and all TO THE CORRECT spec that your vehicle requires. It doesn't matter if the 2018 model with the same engine now recommends 0w5. Nissan recommends 5w30 for your 2017 model, especially since it's still under warranty.
33.gif

Tell the dealership to have the owner sign and notorize a document in writing that he will cover your engine replacement if something goes wrong due to their "certified mechanic" using TOO THIN oil in your engine.
crackmeup2.gif

Your "demands" are laughable. If I were the owner, I'd give you your money back and tell you to get off the property and never return.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Interesting in that if a poster says he's going to put 5W30 in his 0W20 specced car, the questions are if this person thinks that he knows more than the engineers that designed the car, and the ragging begins.

a grade lower than specced, and overfilled...it will be all AOK...in spite of the manual and the markings on the dipstick.

The dealer failed to provide the service paid for...should correct it at their cost (I understand the reticence to use someone who has displayed multiple levels of shoddy workmanship).

Interesting also is posters who hibernate for 8 years.

There's a trend of sleepers out at the moment.

thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back