Nissan Dealer claims they use Mobil Synthetic 0W-20

FMC

If in fact they do use Mobil Synthetic, would it be Mobil 1 or one of Mobil's lesser synthetic's ?

We're probably not the people to ask since we don't know what's in their drum. Mobil has a variety of products in 0w-20

Why would you even put yourself in the position to have to ask? DIY and you know what when in there. I just had to replace the Air filter box on my Toyota was a bit of a hassle but I did it for just under $30 ordered the part on Amazon. The Stealership wanted (hold on) $664.

Crikey, that’s a no brainer right there.

Not everyone is able or willing to change their own oil. But on the other hand it's not a weird question to ask what exactly you're getting for the money. If they can't or won't tell you then go somewhere else that will. No one on here is likely able to state with certainty what a specific dealership is using, each dealer is an independent entity.

The possible 0W-20 products could be .....

Mobil Full Synthetic 7,500

Mobil Super Synthetic 7,500

Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy 10,000

Mobil 1 Extended Performance 20,000

Nissan recommends 10,000 OCI, but i'm doing 5,000

Talked with Nissan dealer, the oil that is bottled Nissan is Mobil, not sure of what specific level of full synthetic it is.

The bulk oil they have is a Private Label full synthetic that meets Nissan requirements.

They charge $70 for the oil change, that is for 5 qts.

Talked with Nissan dealer, the oil that is bottled Nissan is Mobil, not sure of what specific level of full synthetic it is.

The bulk oil they have is a Private Label full synthetic that meets Nissan requirements.

They charge $70 for the oil change, that is for 5 qts.

The Nissan by Mobil may be a proprietary blend. Sometimes they do a custom blend if it's more economical.

Last edited:
Back