Nisan Matic P (999MP-MTP10P)

Yes. I have a 2024 Nissan Frontier Pro4x.
As far as I know, the Mbenz 9G-Tronic and the JATCO JR913E are identical.
Perhaps you know differently.
It will be 3 years before I want to drain and fill my tranny.
Keep in mind that programming can have an impact on fluid selection.

The difference with them is one is built by MB and the other by Jatco. Every part may be identical. None of us know.

To me the difference between ULV ATF and "regular" ATF is like arguing over using 0w20 engine oil or 5w30. We know an engine spec'd for either will happily run on either. Is one better for the unit than the other for the long haul? No way of knowing this.
The OEs aren’t backspecing their ULV fluids to older specs either. While Nissan said Matic-S can be used in place of Matic-J, Honda said DW-1 can replace ATF-Z1 and GM said Dexron VI replaces D-III, Toyota, Ford and Hyundai have been mum about their LV(WS, SPH-IV, Mercon LV) specs replacing their older thicker specs. But yet, the magic juice MaxLife fits them all.

From what I can tell, you can order HPL ATF Teal (color) for ~$25/quart (6-quart minimum) online.
Once several reputable sources confirm that's an acceptable substitute, I will try it in 3 years.
Ultimately, I'm looking for something approved, cheaper, and easier.

Last edited:
Yes. I have a 2024 Nissan Frontier Pro4x.
As far as I know, the Mbenz 9G-Tronic and the JATCO JR913E are identical.
Perhaps you know differently.
It will be 3 years before I want to drain and fill my tranny.
It is always a good idea to make the first fluid change at the first Severe Service interval, before 30k

"approved, cheaper, and easier" don't always equate to quality.

I would still seriously consider High Performance Lubricants TEAL version ATF since it covers the Nissan Matic P requirement and is a ULV ATF of 4.5 cSt@100C.

https://www.hplubricants.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/ATF-PDS.pdf

Back