Nippon Synthetic Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
ENEOS is also the factory fill on Japanese-built Mitusbishi's (who has a large stake in Nippon Oil since 1999, now called Nippon-Mitsubishi Oil Corp). They make some very good lubricants. Haven't tried their synthetic, but I'm sure it is just as good (if not better) than their conventional counterparts.
thumbsup2.gif

I see that the ENEOS synthetic A/T fluid is recommended for
Honda Z-1 applications. This now gives me the choice of ENEOS, Redline D4 and Amsoil as synthetic replacements. Any opinions on which is best?

I use Idemitsu lubricants (whenever possible/available) in my Honda fit only. Of course, since I cannot get engine oil readily for a reasonable price, I ended up using Conoco-philips (MC) syn blend 5W20.

Q.

My dad's car (7th gen civic) been spec'ed for 5W20 since bought new, and it has received a mixture of 5W30/5W20 all through it's life as a workhorse so far (got 140,000kms to date since bought about 9yr ago).

thin oil (like xW20 does not kill the engine from what I can see and those propagandists on the internet that proportedly claimed (cried foul) about 5W20 will grind down the engine are all but missing (more like they have to eat their humble pie) after so many millions/billions of miles clocked by the unknowing general public that have their OC done by dealerships using bulk 5W20, incl. Ford, etc.)since 5W20 was introduced.

So bottomline: are you still worried about 5W20/0W20?

Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back