NIO year expected to begin January 9th

150 kWh option not from the sedan's start they said, but from Q4 2022 as it's meant to be a solid state.

nothing new that they have delivered on NIO day. everything they spoke about is far out in 2022. no actual numbers, no actual products. just plans. likely a pull back next week.

They're ten years behind, so the new limousines are still a year from arrival ;-)
ES6, one of their three SUV, had been sent here in summer. With a few quirks as a prototype I still remember it being called quite impressive regarding quality, interior and "autopilot" behaviour, compared to Tesla's at least:

Efficiency not necessarily so. Norway will probably get them first, they became the first country with more than 50% EV recently.

Last edited:
Looks interesting, looking forward to learning more about it.

Whats the cost per KWH?
cycles at 90%(or any) dod?
Max charge rate?

It's still the car that is a year from arrival – but most probably will retain it's full battery upgrade and service (+/- swap) options regarding even the solid state battery. What might the S-Plaid's prospects be regarding solid state upgrading, battery as a service? Ten years ahead forever as always?

NIO when about to communicate figures obviously names things first: Adam, Aquila... ;-) Maybe the solid state battery option will be named rapid Atlant and Norwegians upgrading will dub it their inner rabbit. Who knows? In the meantime they'll probably get Ioniq-5 800 Volt cannonballs and relax much anyway.
Ioniq-6 could be whatever with RX-8 doors like a Rolls Royce, Celestiq is said to become bigger than old CT-6 I guess... No need to ever permanently reduce EV to funny bubbly framings and clan feuds. It's only wealth, a wealth of platforms and offerings.

Last edited:
It's still the car that is a year from arrival – but most probably will retain it's full battery upgrade and service (+/- swap) options regarding even the solid state battery. What might the S-Plaid's prospects be regarding solid state upgrading, battery as a service? Ten years ahead forever as always?

NIO when about to communicate figures obviously names things first: Adam, Aquila... ;-) Maybe the solid state battery option will be named rapid Atlant and Norwegians upgrading will dub it their inner rabbit. Who knows? In the meantime they'll probably get Ioniq-5 800 Volt cannonballs and relax much anyway.
Ioniq-6 could be whatever with RX-8 doors like a Rolls Royce, Celestiq is said to become bigger than old CT-6 I guess... No need to ever permanently reduce EV to funny bubbly framings and clan feuds. It's only wealth, a wealth of platforms and offerings.

"Probably" "Maybe"
Until they deliver something and it gets benchmarked who knows where it is on the tech curve.
Then when it delivers what will the price be?

Until someone can show me the real world benefits vs. theoretical marketing I don't know if I care about solid state batteries or not.

So far 800 volt cars have been a bust , delivering next to nothing over 400 volt cars, and more often than not - less.

Battery swap - great idea, execution is quite a bit harder. Where will the stations be? Will the station have 100's of 10-20 30K solid state packs just sitting ? What will the costs to do it and time take if 5 cars show up at the same time?

Its real easy to put out a rendered image of a car in a stall and make a claim, but realizing the business model is something else.

Absolutely, that's the nature of beasts like Cybertruck and S-plaid, eT7 and Ioniq-6 and Celestiq and Rimac xyz...
Feel entirely free to only look at old Tesla Roadsters an NIO EP9 instead if that's what floats your interest and ticks your ring clock ;-)

Absolutely, that's the nature of beasts like Cybertruck and S-plaid, eT7 and Ioniq-6 and Celestiq and Rimac xyz...
Feel entirely free to only look at old Tesla Roadsters an NIO EP9 instead if that's what floats your interest and ticks your ring clock ;-)
Telsa gets no pass on missing deliveries.

The owner of my company put 50K down on a roadster 2 years ago and not so much as an email since.

Measuring what they have delivered is impressive though. One has to give credit for what they have done.

NIO did the EP9 and its three SUVs plus the swapping and swapping 2.0, don't see how I should treat them any differently. I'm looking at them, looking at E-GMP and Ultium and e-TNGA, platforms in general as much as individual vehicles. eT7 and its prospects just happen to be shown or teased while their second limousine is yet unknown.
Norway means LHD and first western programming, that's it for me. Same with Ioniq-5 or 6, I-Pace or J-Pace, Lyriq or Celestiq, the Han or the new hybrid, even the Li Auto One I guess was expected up north first... First Xpeng (SUV) landed there.

Last edited:
NIO did the EP9 and its three SUVs plus the swapping and swapping 2.0, don't see how I should treat them any differently. I'm looking at them, looking at E-GMP and Ultium and e-TNGA, platforms in general as much as individual vehicles. eT7 and its prospects just happen to be shown or teased while their second limousine is yet unknown.
Norway means LHD and first western programming, that's it for me. Same with Ioniq-5 or 6, I-Pace or J-Pace, Lyriq or Celestiq, the Han or the new hybrid, even the Li Auto One I guess was expected up north first...

Should be easy to understand the model if they have already delivered it. Where can I go to learn more?

Has any reputable 3rd party done any real testing on these in terms of comparative consumption and charging metrics?

ADAC has crashed one absolute entry level vehicle (around 10k€) badly:

Have a little faith in german automakers, clubs etc. accompanying ;-) All normal, open EV sites on the web around the globe also do.
Same ways we learn about failing Tesla heat pumps in Quebec winter (or Mustang GT and some Corvette not making tracks without overheating in case of ICEs) and more situational humour.

Last edited:
Back