NHRA McMillen Racing And Amalie Motor Oil Agree To Suspend Relationship

wemay

Site Donor 2023

"The move was directly related to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and its effect on the global economy. According to a research study conducted by consultant KPMG International, working from home and online shopping have become the new normal and will reduce driving in the U.S. by up to 270 billion miles a year. Additionally, 64 percent of Americans who are not driving said they’re working from home, which equates to 259 billion miles not being driven over the course of a year, dramatically reducing motor oil sales. Moving forward, KPMG is predicting as much as a 10% permanent reduction in the nearly three trillion miles typically traveled every year which has already and will continue to adversely affect the motor oil business and automotive industry as a whole."

If those numbers are close to being true being less product is being sold, wouldn't you think that oil and gasoline mfgrs would lower the cost of their products?. The price of gas has been about the same since January by me. Funny, the cost of using our toll roads has gone up since march.,,,

At some point... Someone has to do a legitimate look into how that actually affects productivity.... People being the way we typically are... I would bet a lot of money people are slack as all frigging get out if they are at home working.

I know for a fact that my wife had fellow teachers who were supposed to be "working" from home at the start of all this foolishness this past March... And what do you know... A good number of her fellow teachers were not really working at home hardly at all and a number of them posted pictures on facecrook documenting that they were not home and definitely not working. . . Thus... Why at this new school year the school board made them come to the school 4 days a week. Even though it is all virtual. Because of what happened last March, April, May and June. Shocker alert... Supposedly working from home is not advantageous to people actually doing what they are supposed to be doing.

So, you think teachers are not trustworthy enough to do the same work at home, as they once did in a classroom? But you want to send your kids back to the school they would normally be at?. Sure sounds like your more interested in having your kids babysat, then educated. When my wife was working in her school building, when she came home at what most refer to as the end of the "workday", she would put in another 3-4 hours correcting papers, answering e-mails from parents, writing lesson plans, and trying to help her students understand things there was no time to do in class. BTW, there is no extra pay for this time spent. Parents who don't have clue, tend to think the teachers do hardly anything during the day actually call the school and want to have a meeting during school hours. Everything is monitored and approved by the school system before it can be taught in the class. Whether it's in person or online, in case you didn't know. Not sure what all of this has to do with fuel consumption, or the amount of oil being sold, but I guess the truth needs to be told.,,,

There are many anecdotes. I get much more work done from home than in the office. Our productivity has gone up so much, the company is considering having the vast majority of employees do so. But i can see, and very much understand there are a few people who will take advantage of a situation as bbhero alludes to.

As for teachers, my wife's aunt (63 years old) lives next door to us and seems to be working a lot more hours and harder at home. She teaches grades 2-6. This week they went back to the classroom. -another anecdote.

Last edited:

"The move was directly related to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and its effect on the global economy. According to a research study conducted by consultant KPMG International, working from home and online shopping have become the new normal and will reduce driving in the U.S. by up to 270 billion miles a year. Additionally, 64 percent of Americans who are not driving said they’re working from home, which equates to 259 billion miles not being driven over the course of a year, dramatically reducing motor oil sales. Moving forward, KPMG is predicting as much as a 10% permanent reduction in the nearly three trillion miles typically traveled every year which has already and will continue to adversely affect the motor oil business and automotive industry as a whole."

It was predictable. With a shortened season, nowhere near the normal advertising exposure, and lower demand for automotive related products, companies are scrutinizing the bottom line.

On a related note. Many cars were sporting political support decals recently. They pretty much disappeared last weekend. Look for some sponsorships being pulled because of this. Match the team with the decal and the end of sponsorship after seasons end. The pressure started with the big 3 automakers and picked up steam all the way to the lowest affiliate sponsors. Takes some real cajones to express your opinion at the cost of your teams funding and support.

Regarding the work from home stuff, the difficult part is being interrupted with a kid climbing all over me, they really just don't understand that, just because I am physically present does not mean I want to play with their toys with them. It would really be better for us (if we felt comfortable enough) to send them back to day care.

But yeah overall I think I actually work more from home. when I'm at the office I cut out right on time because I have to be at the daycare by a certain time. From home, I'm like, well I'm not commuting, so let's get this done. Meanwhile 2 hours later my wife is like "ARE YOU DONE YET??".

On a related note. Many cars were sporting political support decals recently. They pretty much disappeared last weekend. Look for some sponsorships being pulled because of this. Match the team with the decal and the end of sponsorship after seasons end. The pressure started with the big 3 automakers and picked up steam all the way to the lowest affiliate sponsors. Takes some real cajones to express your opinion at the cost of your teams funding and support.

I know several teams are picking up sponsors, due to their showing support for pro-business policies, and limited government. Racing is a business, and business owners understand that.

The stickers were intentionally more prominent, when the races were being broadcast on live TV...

Last edited:
I know several teams are picking up sponsors, due to their showing support for pro-business policies, and limited government. Racing is a business, and business owners understand that.

The stickers were intentionally more prominent, when the races were being broadcast on live TV...
Cool. Screw Toyota, GM, etc. Joe's bait shop came on board.

Back