Nexus 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had the nexus 4 loved it till I had to replace it twice. Once for boot looping after kit Kat update and the latest(newer one sent back from google for the first one) just started boot looping while taking pictures at DISNEY!!! Well that was that for me and nexus phones for awhile. Btw my wife's nexus 4(launch one) boot looped while driving down to Disney!!! So yea.....again not too happy.
Hopefully with going with Motorola things may be different??? We'll see. Did you like your nexus 5?

I hope Motorola didn't cut as many corners with the Nexus 6 as LG did with the Nexus 5.
We bought a Nexus 5 for my wife a couple of months ago, and it's a mixed bag for sure.

I have 2 Nexus 4's bought several years ago and have no real complaints. Latest Android OS on my phones doesn't support Flash but that seems to be Googles bright idea.

I have a Nexus 7 (tablet). I love the thing and have no problems with it. Had it nearly 3 years and only problem iv had is last month or so one of the speakers blew. Didn't see that coming since its volume is insanely quiet to begin with.

Almost never had the thing. Bought a Samsung tablet. After about 2 weeks it would randomly shut off or just freeze out of no where.

The most annoying problem I had with it was every now and then I would click on email/URL bar and the keyboard emblem would load but the actually buttons wouldn't. Happened pretty frequently. After talking to support they told me to simply do a "factory reset" after 2-3 of them in the 2 week period I simply went back to the store to exchange it but they where out of the Samsung one I had.

So I got this Nexus 7. I feel I definitely got my moneys worth out of it and even if it broke tomorrow i would probably but another one.

My personal opinion is GOogle really pushes to get the device price down so low the makers are forced to cut corners.

I have a Nexus 7 and had to for example bend a connector inside tablet to help improve the wifi reception.

The best part is they seem to keep updates up for an older device I have and it actually improved experience significantly.

I am excited for the nexus six but i spent my phone money on something else. So i guess i am stuck with my Motorola atrix that i keep repairing.

I love my Nexus5, only drawbacks for me are:
-weakest line-out of headphone jack of any device I've ever owned (iPhone 4 beats it)
and leads me to #2 which is
-no USB DAC support which I only care about due to #1

Other than that it's great.

I hope they don't go huge with the next model, I like the size of the 5.

Last edited:
It appears that the Nexus 6 will be a 5'9 inch screen so it's big. But there is an unconfirmed rumor that there will also be a 5'2 inch version which is essentially a Moto X nexus.

Even if they don't release an official 5'2 Nexus, the new Moto X is basically a Nexus with touchless controls since it runs mostly stock android. And I bet there will be some killer black friday deals on it. I got a developer edition last year with 32g for $399 (retailed at $549 at the time). Best phone I've ever owned.

Yeah it's a real shame. The Nexus line was the one line that let people get a premium device for a bargain price. Looks like Google is changing the strategy. Looks like they are going with the traditional carrier subsidy model this time around. If I upgrade, it will be the new Moto X.

Originally Posted By: BIGJ552000
Had the nexus 4 loved it till I had to replace it twice. Once for boot looping after kit Kat update and the latest(newer one sent back from google for the first one) just started boot looping while taking pictures at DISNEY!!! Well that was that for me and nexus phones for awhile. Btw my wife's nexus 4(launch one) boot looped while driving down to Disney!!! So yea.....again not too happy.
Hopefully with going with Motorola things may be different??? We'll see. Did you like your nexus 5?

That's weird, the wife and I both have Nexus 4 that we bought used when the Nexus 5 came out. I will keep the Nexus 4 until they stop updating the the Android software. Only problem we have with them is the rare lock up which you can just force shutdown (vol down and power button for about 10 seconds) the phone and turn it back on.

We also have a Nexus 7 2nd gen (2013) and previously the 1st gen (2012), wanted the wireless charging. No problems with it either.

I will only buy devices that are marketed by Google (pure Android). I don't care for the software that other vendors put in front of the Android OS.

When Android L (Lollipop) comes out it will actually be like an hardware update for the devices that get it. It will result in better performance and battery life. There isn't anything the Nexus 4 is lacking at this point in time besides camera quality.

Last edited:
The Nexus 5 also has a disappointing camera.

While I agree that OEMs add software bloat to their Android phones, with the most annoying part being the third party apps you can't remove (perhaps the carrier has something to do with those), a few of their customizations really are improvements IMO. For example, I like the phone app (this is a phone after all) on my Samsung S3 much better than the phone app on the Nexus 5.

I like Motorola's minimalist approach to adding software features on top of android. The active notifications, wrist shake camera launch and automated locational commands are features I use every day. But I really don't like Samsung's heavy handed approach. Its also too complicated. A friend of mine who has a Note often has trouble figiring out how to get Google play media purchases into the Samsung music player. There seems to be an attempt to lock the user into samsung software rather than native Google apps. That makes the device a lot less flexible across platforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back