Newer Car Shopping List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honda Accord Hybrid comes standard with a suite of driver assistance aids, Atkinson cycle engine and transmission is what they call an e-cvt. Gas won't always be cheap.

Originally Posted by Skippy722

If you can't have fun with a modern car, you're doing something wrong. Even I could go out and have fun in a 1997 Camry, but I'd rather go out in my Ram or go to the drag strip with my brother in his 2018 Charger.

I'd have to agree. I loved my 1975 2002, but I also love my Club Sport and M235i. Each is a blast to drive- but each in a different way.

Originally Posted by MCompact

If you can't have fun with a modern car, you're doing something wrong. Even I could go out and have fun in a 1997 Camry, but I'd rather go out in my Ram or go to the drag strip with my brother in his 2018 Charger.

I'd have to agree. I loved my 1975 2002, but I also love my Club Sport and M235i. Each is a blast to drive- but each in a different way.

Yeah, I love mine. Wish I had gotten one sooner. The modern stuff with direct injection blows away most of the older stuff out there and has way more safety features.

I'd throw out the 2014 E550. Last E550 they made in the US and not up to AMG pricing. Airmatic was also an option so it might not be as bad as older E-550s that came with it standard. They're in the 22-27k range now. Real leather was standard along with both heated and cooled seats. You might also get dynamic seats with it where the side bolsters inflate on turns. I usually turn mine off but I use the massage seats once in a while. After the E-550, they were replaced with the E-400. The 2014+ E63s are still a bit over 30k though. Oh and the thing against direction injection doesn't really seem to be an issue with Mercedes, no real complaints about the system even though they've been out since 2012. Regular 2014+ E-350's start at 15k+ but if you want Android Auto/Apple Carplay, you have to do 2016+. Reliability seems better than the previous generation, way less problems.

Originally Posted by Wolf359

Yeah, I love mine. Wish I had gotten one sooner. The modern stuff with direct injection blows away most of the older stuff out there and has way more safety features.

I'd throw out the 2014 E550. Last E550 they made in the US and not up to AMG pricing. Airmatic was also an option so it might not be as bad as older E-550s that came with it standard. They're in the 22-27k range now. Real leather was standard along with both heated and cooled seats. You might also get dynamic seats with it where the side bolsters inflate on turns. I usually turn mine off but I use the massage seats once in a while. After the E-550, they were replaced with the E-400. The 2014+ E63s are still a bit over 30k though. Oh and the thing against direction injection doesn't really seem to be an issue with Mercedes, no real complaints about the system even though they've been out since 2012. Regular 2014+ E-350's start at 15k+ but if you want Android Auto/Apple Carplay, you have to do 2016+. Reliability seems better than the previous generation, way less problems.

You want fast? You want fun? Drive a Model 3.
Autobahn

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Originally Posted by Wolf359

You want fast? You want fun? Drive a Model 3.
Autobahn

I don't think you can get a Model 3 for 15-20k. And it's not a real luxury car, doesn't have a lot of real luxury features like the heated/cooled massage seats, power trunk closer, panorama sunroof etc. Then there's stuff like night vision assist, rear entertainment package and airmatic suspension, but those aren't too common out there. Not sure if it has adaptive headlights where they swivel from side to side. Then there's minor luxury options like heated steering wheel or wood steering wheel. It's just priced like one, but it's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back