Newegg hacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miller88, they did get that bad. They've gotten better, but if you have to pay sales tax Amazon is close enough that Newegg isn't worth the effort to me. I did get one of the Lenovo T140's from them and several HDDs last year and had no problems.

This season's Slickdeals all had a "$20 back by Visa" deal you had to combine; I didn't want to jump through a deal that looked like it would combine a CC account with Newegg that closely (single sign-on). Looked like the deal was a magnet for crackers.

So this is odd, an attempt was made again last night. Once a year?? Cancelled automatically within a few minutes, but still.

This also means that Newegg lied about suspending my account.

That's what happens when you use Microsoft infrastructure to run your business. Last I checked they were an IIS/Windows shop on the front end. Nasty, nasty, nasty.

Originally Posted By: itguy08
That's what happens when you use Microsoft infrastructure to run your business. Last I checked they were an IIS/Windows shop on the front end. Nasty, nasty, nasty.

trillions in revenue disagree with you.

Not sure, but it's never been any other store, and always AT&T prepaid wireless minutes. When this first started, the card info was stored on Newegg. And I've gotten 2 new cards since. It just seems so specific. Anyway the card has a zero balance and I don't use it for anything so if there are more attempts, I will just cancel it.

Never an issue with them. Not sure if it helps but I use paypal with them. They look like another seedy mail order computer company to me. And anything asp (M$ web) means you cannot afford to build a real site or keep security up. Does M$ even use it anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back