Newbie- which oil for short interval

I am presently using Mobil1 SS 10W30 in my Nissan SE-R Spec V. I will be going on a long road trip in the first week of July so want to start on fresh synthetic oil for my 3500+ mile road trip . My dilema is I am due for an oil change in the first of May. I don't want to waste $$ for synthetic for such a short <2500mi interval. I want to use Dino oil, but should I use Mobil or Penzzoil? I don't know if there will be clash in additive packages when I switch back to Mobil1 SS in July. Any input would be greatly appreciated. BTW, love this site....very informative. Thanks Newbie [Big Grin]

Why not stick with Mobil 1 and go the full 6000 miles? That's not too long based on the UOA's I've read. Besides that, highway miles tend to be kindler/gentler on oil than mixed driving.
quote:
Originally posted by Nissan man: I am presently using Mobil1 SS 10W30 in my Nissan SE-R Spec V. I will be going on a long road trip in the first week of July so want to start on fresh synthetic oil for my 3500+ mile road trip . My dilema is I am due for an oil change in the first of May. I don't want to waste $$ for synthetic for such a short <2500mi interval. I want to use Dino oil, but should I use Mobil or Penzzoil? I don't know if there will be clash in additive packages when I switch back to Mobil1 SS in July. Any input would be greatly appreciated. BTW, love this site....very informative. Thanks Newbie [Big Grin]

Nissan man

I suppose I could just do my regular oil change with Mobil1 SS and drive on it to my location and change before I come back to Ontario. An option...