Newark Airport will no longer be a "New York City airport" according to IATA

Perfect score = 1000
# 1 airport (Minneapolis) = 800
#19 airport (Newark) = 719

There isn't a huge difference there. It's not like Knights Inn vs Ritz Carlson.
Yeah, no one said it was. But it’s more confirmation and by a big name that does rankings and the airport is literally dead last in its category.

Like I said, THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN. WOOOOO

If a person uses a specific terminal at an airport and never goes through the others then their experience would be based on that one terminal. If that terminal is new or recently remodeled then that is a factor.

We used to go through SFO for years. Their International terminal has a separate check in so we avoided the domestic side altogether. The International terminal was fairly new at the time and well laid out and convenient. On the domestic side it was a totally different experience. Since then SFO has redone their domestic side.

SFO is most definitely a piecemeal airport. Over the years I've been to all three international terminals as international traffic picked up and they needed a bigger terminal, at which point the previous international terminal became a domestic terminal. But those were eventually torn down too.

Way back when anyone could enter an airport secure area without a ticket, I'd drop off friends/relatives. I remember once dropping relatives off at the old terminal and then picking them up at the new one. This was maybe 1983? The old one was really tiny.

Not being a globetrotter, I'll have to trust your comparisons.

Every time I've gone there the plane took off on schedule and planes I've been on which landed there didn't crash.

Gotta check out those aged seats.
That’s your criteria on if an airport is a good airport or not? Whether planes take off on schedule and/or if your plane crashes?

💩

Well if you missed a flight and end up sitting in a really comfy seat in front of a big clean un-cracked window to then see the plane crash without you on it, you'd be especially happy.

Last edited:
Well if you missed a flight and end up sitting in a really comfy seat in front of a big clean un-cracked window to then see the plane crash without you on it, you'd be especially happy.
I mean I’m happy any time a plane doesn’t crash. Lol 😂

Everyone’s perception of a good airport will be different. I would imagine that an airline crew member’s perception will have a different view since they usually have a more express way to get through and onto their duty versus a passenger.

Everyone’s perception of a good airport will be different. I would imagine that an airline crew member’s perception will have a different view since they usually have a more express way to get through and onto their duty versus a passenger.
We see the operating side as well.

But I walk through airports with far greater frequency than even frequent flyers.

I can tell what’s nice and what isn’t. So, when a guy says he walked through one part of an airport, one time, five years ago, and I walk through it nearly every day, I take their opinion for what it is -

one data point compared with my personal thousands of data points.

Important to that person. But statistically insignificant.

We see the operating side as well.

But I walk through airports with far greater frequency than even frequent flyers.

I can tell what’s nice and what isn’t. So, when a guy says he walked through one part of an airport, one time, five years ago, and I walk through it nearly every day, I take their opinion for what it is -

one data point compared with my personal thousands of data points.

Important to that person. But statistically insignificant.

I think we are going in circles here.

I think we are going in circles here.
Yup. Especially since it’s 100% subjective. That’s also why we have systems in place and organizations that rank things on different criteria who’s rankings are more important than one persons self proclaimed important opinion even if they go through there on a daily basis.

If i lived in NJ, I’d literally kill myself.
Now we finally agree on something. New Jersey residents are here only by an accident of birth. We are born here, our kids and grandkids are born here, we are obliged to live close to them and then we die here. I have NEVER heard of anybody packing up the family and moving TO New Jersey. But boy, that Newark Airport is so darn close. Oh well..

Now we finally agree on something. New Jersey residents are here only by an accident of birth. We are born here, our kids and grandkids are born here, we are obliged to live close to them and then we die here. I have NEVER heard of anybody packing up the family and moving TO New Jersey. But boy, that Newark Airport is so darn close. Oh well..
Tbf, the pizza in NJ is the only thing that could get me to go there. :love:

It's not a NYC airport, even though, it's literally across the Hudson river from it.

The problem with the major NYC airports is... there is no land for the airports to expand on to improve its service.

Might as well call the NY Giants, NJ Giants, like Gov Christie has, since Giants stadium is in NJ.

Back