New Wheels...maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I say maybe...depending on whether they fit...
I got a line on these rims...17"ers up from the stock 15s....photoshopped here (on top) for comparisons....
They are 35 or 38mm offset (depending on different sites' specs)...VS the 50mm offset of the OEM wheels, it should be just about the right fit...

Whadahyathink.....?

q538.jpg

I suppose I could add a spacer if necessary...
Here's a comparison of specs using a 205 (rather than a 215 tread/section width of the OEM/17s on other models)...the results are nearly identical to the 15" I have now...so I'd be safe with the 205 if a 215 (OEM on the Solara) wouldn't fit...

onp9.jpg

qool.jpg

Last edited:
I actually dont care for them. Im not sure why they just out of place on the camry. Maybe im to used to my cheap hub caps ....

I think its just a bad photoshop job making it look off.

I Like the new ones.

Honestly I think its the shiny rims with the gramdma colored camry look off. Maybe the same rims only less bling bling looking?

Personally I'm a fan of the traditional 5 spoke alloy. I put a set on the Audi for a classic Euro look.

The only thing I will say is that you may to consider 16s if you aren't lowering the car. Sometimes 17s can look off at a stock ride height.

I can take or leave the looks, but I would personally not go with the new rims. The extra 6 lbs. per corner of unsprung weight isn't going to help a Camry's already modest handling.

Ed

they are all blingbling shiny weird on a dull low quality camry photo that has alot of aliasing artifacts for one thing.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CapriRacer
I think Tire Rack recommends a 215/50R17. More or less than same as a 205/55r17 but with many times more the options.

The stock size is 55R for the SE but the 50R would fit and be identical height as the 15s on the car now....so it might be a better fit...and the speedo would be the same..good to know...thanks

Originally Posted By: ram_man
Honestly I think its the shiny rims with the gramdma colored camry look off. Maybe the same rims only less bling bling looking?

I think that is what it is doing for me too.....

Internet pix are hard to get accurate...here's the shot I got the wheels from and another shot showing them much darker/flatter...They're not chrome, and that's what I think of when I think "bling-bling"...
I haven't seen them yet so that's why I said "maybe"...

9142.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back