New wheels and tires for the Cougar

Status
Not open for further replies.
the old: (cheap Mustang rally replicas; some very old BFG's)

the new: (Chip Foose Knuckles; Michelin Pilot Super Sports)

Looks nice. Might just be me but i like the first set of wheels with the white letter tires. Either way, thats a really cool car!

Last edited:
I also like white letter tires. the originals were 205/70/14 in the front and 225/65/14 rear. The new ones are 225/45/17 front and 245/45/17 rear.
I let my son choose the wheels and the tires; it's hard to find much selection in white letter tires; and we wanted tires with more grip - it was tough to keep the old ones hooked up at take-off. this is also a 1970 XR7.

Stylish cars. My friend in Long Beach, Calif owned a '70 XR7 for approx 15-20 yrs. Very sweet 52K mile, original black paint car with red interior. As I recall quite loaded and came with the 351C. Bought from the original owner with a ton of documents and 100% rust free California car all its life. I was tempted to buy it when he was selling it back around 2002-2005 ($7500) but the freight across country just didn't make financial sense. They were quite underrated at that time. I suspect these are more appreciated today.

Love the car and the color!

New wheels are okay, call me old school but I love the first ones...
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Love the car and the color!

New wheels are okay, call me old school but I love the first ones...
smile.gif

Me too! The new ones are nice... but the "Old Skool" wheels just fit the car.

That is a good looking car!!!

I like that tomcat Jr. is fully outfitted in Ford/Ford Racing attire... that is bringing them up up right
cool.gif

Those new wheels are so shiny it is hard to tell exactly what they look like, but on Foose website they seem to be sort of like an old american racing with split spokes.

I'm sort of up in the air on the old ones, they did look good, but would have been better in chrome/black like original. Set of billet magnum 500's would look good too, but I suppose if you go to a Ford show probably half of the cars will have those.

Once again, nice ride...

That's a nice car, but the new wheels look horrid. They look like something a 19 year old in the inner city would put on a car.

Liked those stock wheels - just my age perhaps ... nice freaking ride in any case ...
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
That's a nice car, but the new wheels look horrid. They look like something a 19 year old in the inner city would put on a car.

**** dude. Ever try to find decent tires in 14"? Probably not.

My mom used to tell me something... What was it? If you don't have something nice to say, be an a$$? No, that wasn't it...

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
At least it only has the Foose wheels and not the full treatment like this one.

J9MsL4A.jpg

That abortion would be better off crushed.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
At least it only has the Foose wheels and not the full treatment like this one.

J9MsL4A.jpg

It's ugly, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back