New way to change truck tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this certainly is interesting... Sorry no way to put it in-line in the thread.

https://i.imgur.com/blYNP5j.gifv
It's a video GIF. Here is a static preview...

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Dude reaching his hand in there only has to do it wrong once before they call him "lefty".

I have changed many semi tires and grader sized tires at work, it is brutal. I am still alive

Originally Posted by Chris142
Kinda useless. You really need to change both the inner and outer tires as a set. Any height difference will cause one to overheat and blow out.

Pablum.

Thats kinda cool.

But just for quick highway jobs. Kinda hard to balance it with it on the vehicle yet.

Originally Posted by Srt20
Thats kinda cool.

But just for quick highway jobs. Kinda hard to balance it with it on the vehicle yet.

Yeah for sure...

Originally Posted by Srt20
Thats kinda cool.

Lots of class 8 truck and trailer tires don't get balanced, except the steers. Or they throw in balance bags, or Centramatics are used. When I owned class 5-8 trucks, the tires all got balanced.

Most trucking companies don't even bother balancing tires anymore and at the company i worked for when we did it we would only balance the steers which was done on the truck so it would balance the tire/wheel and hub/brake assembly.

I think they come balanced from factory but after that we just pull off the weights and run them without and dont really have anu vibrations like there was years ago.

And some 18 wheelers are 10 wheelers these days … but the name lives on - during a radio traffic report last week … the reporter referred to an 18 wheeler pulling a mobile home … huh ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back