New Walmart Supertech oil filters a game changer

Status
Not open for further replies.
At $2.84, buying a well constructed US built oil filter is certainly a game changer.

I'm sure they will be flying off the shelves.

I did not use them yet but some say they are the good old Wix filters with the large round oil holes in the center tube for good oil flow which is good in my book.. I will be cautious though because Wix was bought by the same company that makes the tearolator. Hope they don't try to "fix" the good old Wix filter that has been great for many years.

I saw the last of the Purolator Classic filters which were being cleared out at WM. My particular filter seems free of tears. I bought the last three on the shelf at my local WM. I am looking forward to seeing the Supertech filters return to the WM shelves. I had used them in the past and will do so again. I do short OCI so I think they will work for me just fine.

0.1% of people care or know where or how their oil filter is made. And they're all on this website.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
I did not use them yet but some say they are the good old Wix filters with the large round oil holes in the center tube for good oil flow which is good in my book.. I will be cautious though because Wix was bought by the same company that makes the tearolator. Hope they don't try to "fix" the good old Wix filter that has been great for many years.

Do you just copy and paste this on every thread possible?

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
At 95% @ 29 microns (likely 70-80% @ 20), I am not sure they are a game changer. However, I do agree at the price they will probably be flying off the shelves due to cost if for nothing else.

You get what you pay for.

Yup I haven't seen any C&P yet

Originally Posted By: Stewie
Originally Posted By: Nate1979
At 95% @ 29 microns (likely 70-80% @ 20), I am not sure they are a game changer. However, I do agree at the price they will probably be flying off the shelves due to cost if for nothing else.

You get what you pay for.

Yup I haven't seen any C&P yet

Someone posted one cut open new just a few days ago.

Thanks for pointing out the efficiency of this filter at the industry standard 20 microns. Not very good IMO. They tried to trick us into thinking the efficiency is better than it actually is.

Originally Posted By: KingCake
0.1% of people care or know where or how their oil filter is made. And they're all on this website.

KingCake FTW!!!
I'm still chuckling...

Originally Posted By: KingCake

Amen.

Nothing really exciting here, just another low end filter. I don't think they will sell any better (or worse) than the old ST filter.

Best info currently says, it's a Wix 'made for' WM filter, similar to/same as the Napa ProSelect/Silver and current MicroGard(ST has same published efficiency spec as MG line) filter line, at an every day value price. Like to see what the complete line up will look like, but looks to be a serviceable 3-5k mi oci value oil filter.

And as alluded to by others in this thread, the average/majority ST oil filter purchaser at WM couldn't care less about an efficiency rating, much less understand it. Even at that 'fwiw', still significantly better than the OEM Honda A02.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals

Thanks for pointing out the efficiency of this filter at the industry standard 20 microns. Not very good IMO. They tried to trick us into thinking the efficiency is better than it actually is.

Well, I do believe it is better than the Denso Toyota filter efficiency. Definitely better than Purolator.

For the cost, hard to say that one can do a lot better... and it is likely better than most jobber filters. Not everything has to be a Fram Ultra... just as long as it is not a Purolator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back