New Walmart ST4386 C&P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CajunLariat

Do they make it for the Ford 5.4 3 valve motor?

For Ford V8 "mod motors" they have both the ST2 and ST10575 (both 22mm thread filters)

Both are E-core..... which I do NOT like.

I won't buy them.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

Can we get back on the subject? I asked if this ST filter will be made equivalent to the FL-400S?

Sadly.......... the new ST3600 is an E-core design now.

I will pass on those.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

Can we get back on the subject? I asked if this ST filter will be made equivalent to the FL-400S?

Sadly.......... the new ST3600 is an E-core design now.

I will pass on those.

So, the 3600 and the 820S are both E-CORES? Is WM the only place that makes/sells E-CORE oil filters?

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Very true goodtimes.

When my optic nerve started to go bad in my left eye it started with a very small area of blurry vision. This started crying to get bigger and bigger. Until I couldn't see the huge E on the eye chart. 20/400. It got well worse from that point.

Amazing how fast it can go from all right to rather not good.

Hope it all goes well from now on and no more problems. The eyes are an amazing thing and how the brain turns the signals from the eyes into images is even more. I worked heavily with my eyes for decades at work, I am afraid they are not as good as before. This year is the driving test with the eye chart. The brain retains images in memory too, I can remember the insides of houses from childhood. Comes right up instantly. It isn't the same image as from sight, but is an image in the mind. Been watching too many nature shows I guess.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: CajunLariat

Do they make it for the Ford 5.4 3 valve motor?

For Ford V8 "mod motors" they have both the ST2 and ST10575 (both 22mm thread filters)

Both are E-core..... which I do NOT like.

I won't buy them.

I would like to add to this point, that the ST2 is NOTICEABLY shorter than a FL820S. And any other equivalent to the FL820S I've ever seen.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Why is this one not an ecore?

For whatever reason or reasons, in the ST and AZ STP blue value OF line Champ Labs uses classic construction in some applications. Most of them are relatively smaller applications including the 6607, 7317, and topic 4386. The 9688/3593a and equivalent STP S2808 seems to be the largest exception. Rest of them, larger applications are ecores.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Why is this one not an ecore?

For whatever reason or reasons, in the ST and AZ STP blue value OF line Champ Labs uses classic construction in some applications. Most of them are relatively smaller applications including the 6607, 7317, and topic 4386. The 9688/3593a and equivalent STP S2808 seems to be the largest exception. Rest of them, larger applications are ecores.

There is a minimum diameter that can be used to form the combo valve. I would also guess the manufacturer may not want to spend the NRE to make a smaller core. If we could follow the money trail, we would have the answer.
wink.gif

^^^Thinking about it more that would make sense. The Champ combo valve design requires an extra inner/central set of holes in the base plate. Smaller filters have limited space available for those holes and for separation between inlet holes. Now thinking the 9688/3593a and S2808 use classic construction too because the sealing gasket isn't on the outer edge. That effectively makes them similar to the baseplate space available of 6607 and 7317 applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back