New Walmart ST4386 C&P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: chunt

Maybe the OP can explain more about the "red ring" around the center tube. Rubber seal (looks like it) or ???

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Maybe the OP can explain more about the "red ring" around the center tube. Rubber seal (looks like it) or ???

Start at the top of the picture and start to see the raised ring is one piece like all other Champ Labs of this type. The black stripe is on top of the raised ring, not a dividing line. It's a pretty good optical illusion. I have the Delco here with the same stamped 2 in the metal as this one. It's all silver color plated steel, not red.
The funny thing is they continue to stamp the 2 right in the metal to metal sealing area. I remember this now as I saw the 2 on mine. I think there will be some leakage through the 2. The ring of burnishing can be seen here as on mine, it stops at the 2 then continues. Not good.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Looks like a nice rubber seal on the bypass valve end of the center tube ... nice touch. 99% @ 30 microns isn't horrible, but pretty easy to beat.

Yes they are pulling the little bait and switch game. My guess is it really still 95% or less at 20 Microns. People just aren't that easy if they made it past basic math and aren't just basically cheap!

What are you talking about? People dony care about all that. They just want to buy a oil filter and use it. Unless your one of the brainiacs on here always talking about the Delta Airlines, or whatever it is.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: CajunLariat
Looks like a nice rubber seal on the bypass valve end of the center tube ... nice touch. 99% @ 30 microns isn't horrible, but pretty easy to beat.

Yes they are pulling the little bait and switch game. My guess is it really still 95% or less at 20 Microns. People just aren't that easy if they made it past basic math and aren't just basically cheap!

What are you talking about? People dony care about all that. They just want to buy a oil filter and use it. Unless your one of the brainiacs on here always talking about the Delta Airlines, or whatever it is.
laugh.gif

DELTA AIRLINES?
crackmeup2.gif

It's DELTA-P!
Nice looking filter. Thanks for the C&P. Are you on your new LT, or your IPHONE?
thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

laugh.gif

DELTA AIRLINES?
crackmeup2.gif

It's DELTA-P!
Nice looking filter. Thanks for the C&P. Are you on your new LT, or your IPHONE?
thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

I'M At work, on my iphone.
Sorry about the delta airlines. But, I hope they make it for my rides.

What are you talking about? People dony care about all that. They just want to buy a oil filter and use it.

Yeah, who cares how a filter filters? Just slap on anything that fits and you're good to go.
grin.gif

You people are saying a Walmart oil filter shopper doesn't care about the 2 stamped in the top end cap bypass valve metal to metal seal may be a source of leakage of unfiltered oil into the center tube? How can anyone think so low of others?
57.gif

Some people still don't care if the media is torn wide open, so a peskily little "2" stamped on a sealing surface is cool.

That looks like a HONDA oil filter, made by Fram?
Do they make it for the Ford 5.4 3 valve motor and the 96 Toyota cOrolla?

That's a TOYOTA oil filter Blue
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

What looks red was just the light reflection. There is no red in the filter. It was the only way I could get a picture of the louvers.

Originally Posted By: car51
smile.gif

Possible hints of? ...

What looks red was just the light reflection. There is no red in the filter. It was the only way I could get a picture of the louvers.

Thanks for clarifying ... would have been a nice touch, oh well.

Originally Posted By: car51
smile.gif

Possible hints of? ...

I am so confused at this moment. My son makes a comment and I'm being called a BLUE SOCK MUPPET....?????
21.gif

Is this filter being made for my engine (FL-400S)?

LOL ... well, it's at least blue.
wink.gif

Wait, what?
I can see now I need to exit stage left before things go too far!
28.gif

Can we get back on the subject? I asked if this ST filter will be made equivalent to the FL-400S?

Good thread, besides showing the new filter, it showed an interesting optical illusion. After seeing the true image I can't even go back to the false interpretation of a separate seal. The brain interpreting vision input is extremely interesting.

My guess is it really still 95% or less at 20 Microns.

The older Champ made ST filters (prior to the Wix run) were rated at 94% at 20 microns. I see no reason to think that has changed.

Very true goodtimes.

When my optic nerve started to go bad in my left eye it started with a very small area of blurry vision. This started crying to get bigger and bigger. Until I couldn't see the huge E on the eye chart. 20/400. It got well worse from that point.

Amazing how fast it can go from all right to rather not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back