new Walmart oil pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.
$10.50 for a 5 quart jug of Quaker State is the best deal for 99 percent of regular cars on the road.

50 cents more than the supertech house oil. Fine deal here, my ecotec's run like a watch..

Originally Posted By: gmctodd
Hmm..... Maybe I'll use those rebate forms after all! $12 for a 5QT jug
thumbsup2.gif
I hope my WM is lowereing it.
. Sweet!

Originally Posted By: JustinH
$10.50 for a 5 quart jug of Quaker State is the best deal for 99 percent of regular cars on the road.

50 cents more than the supertech house oil. Fine deal here, my ecotec's run like a watch..

Supertech is down to $9.50 here.

Originally Posted By: grease_monkey
Originally Posted By: gmctodd
Hmm..... Maybe I'll use those rebate forms after all! $12 for a 5QT jug
thumbsup2.gif
I hope my WM is lowereing it.
. Sweet!

Just got back from WM and M1 was down to $22 looks like I'll stockpile 6 jugs. I also noticed Rotella (15w40) went up to $11.00. The 10w30 and 30w were still $11.77 though

Yep, $22.00 for 5-quart jugs of M1. My Walmart even has 0W-30 in 5-quart jugs.

Castrol Edge still at $34.00.

Last edited:
My Walmart had Pennzoil Platinum (5w-20, 5w-30, 10w-30) for $18-5qt jug. The Castrol Edge was $32 for 5-qt jug (insane). The standard Castrol Syntec was $22 I think. Q-HP was up to $20 5-qt jug

in NH it went down to 22$...QS Syn is 20.50...i will go with M1 but both are good

Seeing gas prices, and crude oil prices spike just in time for the summer driving season. It might just be a good time for us oil hoarders to start hoarding oil again. That's if we ever stopped.
LOL.gif

AD

Was $22 about the lowest point for Mobil 1 over the last few years at Walmart? Or has it been lower than that?

Does anyone remember the WM prices from about 10 years ago? I do believe that I was paying approximately 18.xx for a 5 quart container of M1. This is when I was relatively unaware of the difference between synthetic and conventional and was running M1 for 3k OCI for 187k on a 00 Tacoma.

Originally Posted By: Art_Vandelay
Was $22 about the lowest point for Mobil 1 over the last few years at Walmart? Or has it been lower than that?
It was $18 / 5qts for a LONG time.

About 3 years ago it started going up. Same time as Katrina...

I think I may as well buy two 5 quart jugs then. The right time to maximize the $10 Mobil rebates may be upon us. $12 is pretty solid.

I think I may as well buy two 5 quart jugs then. The right time to maximize the $10 Mobil rebates may be upon us. $12 is pretty solid.

That's probably a good idea, especially since you are an architect and the construction business is not doing too well these days.

Originally Posted By: Mark888

That's probably a good idea, especially since you are an architect and the construction business is not doing too well these days.

Thankfully I'm also a Marine Biologist.

Originally Posted By: tenderloin
Your job as Buck Naked should be going well..........

It hardly feels like work. I've convinced everyone on the set to start using Mobil 1 EP as a lubricant. Despite the high iron wear.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back