New Walmart M1 5w-30 stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I just visited the local Wally today, and to my surprise, had 3 qts of M1 5w-30 with the Starburst and donut on the bottle.

Out of 7 qts of M1 5w-30 total, the non "suitable for..." accounted for 3 of the 7, so I bought them.

There were about 6 5qt 5w-30 jugs which were the "suitable for.." .

Here is the Mobil codes:

2 @ X17H5 5371S
1 @ X16G5 5371C

Are any of these post-Katrina ?

BTW, Havoline 5w-30 is now sold out again after flourishing for about 3 days of plenty. There has been no M7500 5w/10w-30 for months at most walmarts here.

I just bought a case of Mobil 1 5w20 with the API and Starburst on it. Plus, my local Wal-Mart has them for $3.99/quart
smile.gif

Hi

That thread says nothing about the production codes i mentioned earlier in this one.

lght1,

We've been fishing for info on the production codes for a while and nobody has a clear idea what they mean.

As for the old Mobil 1 (Starburst & Donut), the only place I can now find it is at Target. Unfortunately, it's $5.38 a quart...so I don't buy any.

C.T.

I've seen some 5W30 with the starburst on the front but no donut on the back....and it is usually mixed in with no starburst and no donut(the common post Katrina stuff)

Whats up with the starburst on the front but suitable on the back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back