New VW-VW507/509 oil

There isn't such a thing in the US. the 2019+ US 1.4t specifies 508 @ 10,000 mile intervals.
Fuel related I'm guessing... You boys are forced to use more cornolene than us over here.
E10 is the max over here, and even that sucks the big one (lower MPG).
Luckily there are some local stations that stock E0, when you fill up with it your eyes are shifting about to see if there's some santimonious twerp with a Che Guevara T-shirt on giving you an evil eye.

Fuel related I'm guessing... You boys are forced to use more cornolene than us over here.
In the US E10 is the only thing allowed to be sold as regular gasoline, in parts of the country there are some flex fuel stations that sell E85, some of those stations may also carry E15 or E30, but they'll generally warn that these grades are for flex fuel vehicles only or the E15 may have a warning that the EPA permits it's usage in all gasoline vehicles produced for the 2001 model year onwards, although some manufacturers warn against using fuel with more than 10% ethanol and say it may cause damage and/or invalidates your warranty.

Luckily there are some local stations that stock E0, when you fill up with it your eyes are shifting about to see if there's some santimonious twerp with a Che Guevara T-shirt on giving you an evil eye.

I think the only place to get E0 now is Esso, and even then in some parts of the country (I believe Scotland and the West of England) it's E5.

That is the rumor/sell on it.

And I should probably say it is possible on at least some US market cars (maybe most or all I haven't researched it fully) to switch them with ross tech or similar to variable intervals as well as reprogram the miles/time to next service/inspection on fixed.

Sign up for PayPal free return shipping. Order 508/0W20 kit from FCP Euro using PayPal (whichever brand floats your boat). Use kit. Buy new kit next change using PayPal. Return first kit for full refund using Lifetime Replacement and PayPal pre-printed free return shipping label. Repeat infinity. Profit.

Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 6.58.49 AM.png

He had a 1.4t. He has blown up more engines than a nascar team....
Well it appears I saved THIS one from the careless local dealer service morons and the inadequate VAG oil spec.

This thread is worthless if we cant assess operation the few engines from members on this forum.

Are you afraid to respond due to the pile-on?

Everyone's engine is turbine smooth and powerful to redline with no racket or undue clatter?

Wonderful.

What say you Desmo Ducati ?

No we have E10. Anything I've bought new says, No E15 allowed - unless you got a Flex Fuel badge on your boot

We have yet to see a poor UOA where 508 is used appropriately. The oil still looks good after the interval. I wouldn't stray.
We have seen PD engines flying apart - with at the same time good appearing UOA.
Got to use your ears and hands .
If its unduly noisy with odd harmonics - its hurting

No we have E10. Anything I've bought new says, No E15 allowed - unless you got a Flex Fuel badge on your boot
Actually you don’t need a flex-fuel capable car to run E15, only one that says that E15 is acceptable (such as my Tiguan). Flex-fuel vehicles can run on much higher concentrations of EtOH.

I wouldn't run that whizz in a GLI engine. Power density is too high. 508/509 was too thin (insufficient HTHS) even for My 2019 1.4T.
Jetta 6M. I would consider running an appropriate LL 5W30 in there. M1 ESP or Castrol Edge Euro Car
Ive said this on every 508/509 thread. The 0w20 is perfectly fine in a Gli/Gti. At MOST they are making 300bhp.
The Amg Cla 45 is specced with a 0w20 from the factory. The car has a closed deck, forged internals, and runs 28 psi/ 30 psi on the S from the factory.
If you want to talk about power dense the Amg is running over 400bhp and over 200hp/liter, 250Nm/ Liter.
Yet Amg found 0w20 to be perfectly fine.
I took my Burger Tuned MK Gti making 350bhp for a back road rip yesterday in mexico; Oil temp creeped up to 218F after a 120mph blast. There is ABSOLUTELY no reason to run anything heavier in a daily driven VW, especially considering the most powerful production 4cyl on the planet is also specced 0w20.

Last edited:
Well it appears I saved THIS one from the careless local dealer service morons and the inadequate VAG oil spec.

This thread is worthless if we cant assess operation the few engines from members on this forum.

Are you afraid to respond due to the pile-on?

Everyone's engine is turbine smooth and powerful to redline with no racket or undue clatter?

Wonderful.

What say you Desmo Ducati ?

What?

Look, even you (if you are being honest with yourself) have to admit that your experience with new car engine/mechanical problems is an outlier...

Wonder when the honeymoon with the Ecosport will be over?

There is absolutely nothing inadequate about 508... that is just crazy talk.

Just remember, the guy who finished dead last in med school is still called "Doctor". Do you want him operating on your brain or would you prefer to have the guy who finished number 1 in the group? Just putting this out there... :)
C=MD

What?

Look, even you (if you are being honest with yourself) have to admit that your experience with new car engine/mechanical problems is an outlier...

Wonder when the honeymoon with the Ecosport will be over?

There is absolutely nothing inadequate about 508... that is just crazy talk.
This was on my car with my professional experience. Just because you don't like it, don't try to discredit my input.

What does my ecosport have to do with this discussion?

I am discussing HTHS, moft and a particular engine in a particular car THAT I LEASED and drove for two years..

The reported HTHS of 2.5 is LOW - and that is before any fuel dilution.

The 508 doesn't exist by itself in the ether? What are you talking about?

From this distance, it looks like a Japaneses ILSAC 0W20 to me:

MOTUL specific 508 00 / 509 00

STANDARDS ACEA A1 / B1 APPROVALS VW 508 00 – 509 00 PORSCHE C20

Color Visual Green
Viscosity grade SAE J 300 0W-20
Density at 20°C (68°F) ASTM D1298 0.833
Viscosity at 40°C (104°F) ASTM D445 38.5 mm2/s
Viscosity at 100°C (212°F) ASTM D445 7.8 mm2/s
Viscosity HTHS at 150°C (302°F) ASTM D4741 2.5 mPa.s
Viscosity Index ASTM D2270 179
Pour point ASTM D97 -52°C / -62°F
Flash point ASTM D92 222°C / 432°F
Sulfated ash ASTM D874 0.79% weight
TBN ASTM D2896 8.3 mg KOH/g

This was on my car with my professional experience. Just because you don't like it, don't try to discredit my input.

What does my ecosport have to do with this discussion?

I am discussing HTHS, moft and a particular engine in a particular car THAT I LEASED and drove for two years..

The reported HTHS of 2.5 is LOW - and that is before any fuel dilution.

The 508 doesn't exist by itself in the ether? What are you talking about?

From this distance, it looks like a Japaneses ILSAC 0W20 to me:

MOTUL specific 508 00 / 509 00

STANDARDS ACEA A1 / B1 APPROVALS VW 508 00 – 509 00 PORSCHE C20

Color Visual Green
Viscosity grade SAE J 300 0W-20
Density at 20°C (68°F) ASTM D1298 0.833
Viscosity at 40°C (104°F) ASTM D445 38.5 mm2/s
Viscosity at 100°C (212°F) ASTM D445 7.8 mm2/s
Viscosity HTHS at 150°C (302°F) ASTM D4741 2.5 mPa.s
Viscosity Index ASTM D2270 179
Pour point ASTM D97 -52°C / -62°F
Flash point ASTM D92 222°C / 432°F
Sulfated ash ASTM D874 0.79% weight
TBN ASTM D2896 8.3 mg KOH/g
What was your drama with running 508? What car was this?

Back