New VW BRANDED OIL (have a look)

Well looks like VW/Audi has officially switched brands from Castrol to their own Branded oil. which you can see by the bottles is Mobil.

all other weight oil will all be under VW high performance oil (mobil)

this is the only oil ive seen so far! 0W30
This oil is rated 507.00 for all common-rail TDIs and fully backwards compatible with the 505.01 standard, too, making it suitable fro all TDIs

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
I just checked the Castrol website and VW/Audi are no longer shown as one of Castrol's "partners". Nothing yet on the Mobil website.

Originally Posted by tundraotto
That's an Exxon/Mobil bottle shape/mold.
Yep, safe to say it's XOM manufactured oil. Bottle same design as current Mobil Super Synthetic.

"Genuine Nissan Motor Oil" same bottle design as shown here.

all i heard is that this oil is nothing you can buy off the shelf. all the new oils are MADE TO VW SPECS and what they wanted!!!!. Im 100% sure its top notch good stuff esp how strict they are with specs !

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dedonderosa
$7.88 EA

huh....that's cheaper than you can normally fine M1 0W30 ESP. I did pick up a couple of changes on sale for $5.99, but that's a pretty solid deal.

Yep, I usually pick up the ESP 0w30 at Napa for $5.99 when they're on sale a few times during the year.

This oil is rated 507.00 for all common-rail TDIs and fully backwards compatible with the 505.01 standard, too, making it suitable fro all TDIs

While it may be back-spec'd to 505.01, please, no one ever needs to run this in a PD TDI. Stick with 5w40 CJ or newer oil... the higher the HTHS, the better.

Originally Posted by scurvy

While it may be back-spec'd to 505.01, please, no one ever needs to run this in a PD TDI. Stick with 5w40 CJ or newer oil... the higher the HTHS, the better.

This. But thats definitely the old Super bottles.

interesting and also brought up in a different thread. It still says this on the Castrol website...

https://www.castrol.com/en_us/united-states/home/technology-and-innovation.html

We develop and test hundreds of new products every year and our teams work closely with leading industry original equipment manufacturers, who we supply with a broad range of lubricants designed for particular operating conditions and environments. Many of our products are recommended by and co-engineered with major vehicle manufacturers, including Audi, Ford, Honda, Jaguar Land Rover, MAN, Seat, Skoda, Tata, Volkswagen and Volvo.

I'll wait for the official newsletter before proclaiming a change. Especially since the dealerships around here still use Castrol and say it's what VW recommends. But if it does occur, you cannot go wrong with Mobil. Although a Mobil1 bottle would inspire more confidence than a....MobilSuper one (just kidding of couarse
smile.gif
)

Interesting. I wonder how long till this shows up at dealer parts counters for sale? I inquired about 0w30 9 months ago and my dealer had exactly 6 quarts on hand, presumably Castrol OE, and they wanted 10 bucks a quart for it.

Back