New Valvoline Maxlife 150K

I would consider this for my 200k plus LS motors. Have not seen it on the shelves
Screenshot_20220313-100531_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220313-100851_Chrome.jpg

How would he be saving money by buying and using an unneeded oil additive?

It's a viable option instead of paying a higher price an oil that has Moly already added. The added protection and increase in fuel mileage makes moly a beneficial additive to any oil change.

Saw this on the Valvoline site when using their oil selector. It doesn't appear in the "Products" tab so no other info such as a PDS sheet. Something new on the horizon maybe?
View attachment 47012

I would consider this for my 200k plus LS motors. Have not seen it on the shelves
View attachment 92523View attachment 92524
High mileage oils have more to do with environmental waste and less to do with engine protection.

It may well be possible for the high mileage oil to give a satisfactory level of protection; however what may come undone if the oil filter is not up to the job during the extended oil change intervals and the fact that direct injection engines are very hard on engine oils

High mileage oils have more to do with environmental waste and less to do with engine protection.

It may well be possible for the high mileage oil to give a satisfactory level of protection; however what may come undone if the oil filter is not up to the job during the extended oil change intervals and the fact that direct injection engines are very hard on engine oils

You do understand the difference between a high mileage oil and an extended drain oil, correct?

Your comments seem to have little to do with an oil marketed for standard oil change intervals in cars with over a 150,000 mi.

The 1100 ZDDP caught my interest. I wish it was a full synthetic for my newer high mileage vehicles but with that level of ZDDP the semi syn will be perfect in my older classic cars that ZDDP is good for.

Back