New! VALVE CAPS that show POSITION. Keep Summer/Winter/Race wheels rotation in order!

Hey BITOG'ers! Kevin here, one of the Oil Udder inventors. Came up with a real simple idea. I got annoyed trying to find my grease pencil marks or other marks on my summer and winter tires during change overs. So POOF! Here are some position locating valve stem caps. Below are a few photos and amazon link. Comes in a pack of 2 (8 caps total), machined in aluminum with silicone internal seal.

Launch price is only $5.99 on Amazon and $4.99 + Shipping direct at oiludder.com Save another 10% with Bitog10

**Since this is BITOG and people are actually smart, a touch of anti seize on the threads is advised because of the duel metals. No issues testing over the winter since you move the caps when you rotate the tires. I still do it anyway. Makes me happier haha.

Let me know what you think! Have caps in both Midnight BLACK and Cosmic RED.

81siQcbXSJL._AC_SX466_PIbundle-8,TopRight,0,0_SH20_.jpg

710hn5CHKSL._AC_SX466_.jpg

81ZympzjLvL._AC_SX466_.jpg

81yv3D7HddL._AC_SX466_.jpg

91Epg50bk1L._AC_SX466_.jpg

AMAZON Link (Midnight Black)

AMAZON Link (Cosmic Red)

More on how the name came to be, video in the works on that!

Cheers all!

Kevin

OIL_UDDER

Hey Kevin (@OIL_UDDER ).

Pretty neat idea. Do you happen to know what each cap weighs? They look pretty heavy and I'd be concerned about them affecting wheel balance.

Tks

Good question, yeah the zoomed in amazon photos make them look big but that's to grab attention in the thumbnail. Classic amazon game. I'll go get a weight for ya!

OIL_UDDER

Hey Kevin (@OIL_UDDER ).

Pretty neat idea. Do you happen to know what each cap weighs? They look pretty heavy and I'd be concerned about them affecting wheel balance.

Tks

@RoadDukie

The verdict is in! ----- (que dramatic music) -----A whopping... 2 grams haha. So about the weight of the stone already stuck in your tires haha. Not much but yes heavier than plastic.

OIL_UDDER

Great idea if the lettering stays put.
Reasonably priced.
Aluminum?

I'm guessing 6g. each.

Only 2 Grams (0.053oz)
Lettering is laser etched.
Yes, 6061-T6

Can't come off unless its totally scratched off then you can still use the other 3 to identify location till another one gets totally scratched off. Also the smallest lead weights for tire balance are usually around 0.25oz or 371% heavier haha.

Last edited:

OIL_UDDER

The chalk doesn't last the winters here when the tires are outside. This is for when you have two sets of tires and need the location 6 months later. Summer and winter :)

71Et3rZ9kyL._AC_SX466_.jpg

Last edited:
I like it a lot!! I am one of those dorks that when I have the car on jackstands doing a LOF/Rotate, I put the wheels on the yard and wash them really well. Going to Amazon now and ordering some.

OIL_UDDER

I like it a lot!! I am one of those dorks that when I have the car on jackstands doing a LOF/Rotate, I put the wheels on the yard and wash them really well. Going to Amazon now and ordering some.

Exactly!!!! The pens, chalk, tags, sharpies just get lost or don't work well...here at my house I have so much mud on my wheels, writing on them just gets scraped off, tags are annoying and scratch the wheels, I can never find or remember to order a grease pencil.... I took off my snow tires this year, looked at my summers, had no idea where to put them and said this is enough! I'm fixing this issue once and for all! lol

Thanks for the order! Let me know what you think when you get them!

gathermewool

Site Donor 2022
Ordered a set of red and a set of black to support a site sponsor. These should last me forever, considering they‘ll never see road use. If these prove to be durable I’ll just give the extras away to family with dedicated snow tires.

I only plan to use these on the two sets of off-season wheels/tires stored in my basement. I’ll drive around with the cheap plastic caps daily to prevent the eventual thief from nabbing them.

Anyway, thanks. I’ll post up pics when they arrive.

@RoadDukie

The verdict is in! ----- (que dramatic music) -----A whopping... 2 grams haha. So about the weight of the stone already stuck in your tires haha. Not much but yes heavier than plastic

@RoadDukie

The verdict is in! ----- (que dramatic music) -----A whopping... 2 grams haha. So about the weight of the stone already stuck in your tires haha. Not much but yes heavier than plastic.
Perfect! Thanks Kevin...
2 gms isn't enough to affect wheel balance especially given the reduced effect from a shorter radius than from the tire tread.
I've got the perfect scenario coming up for my RV towing tire tire swap this week.
Set of black ones ordered. (I'm afraid that the red ones look too sexy and will be stolen. ) 😀

Good luck, and I hope these sell well for you. I'll certainly tell my friends.
Duke

Hard pass with dissimilar metal corrosion even with the nuisance of using never seize.
Great idea that needs to be improved even if it impacts costs.
Nothing stinks more than not being able to remove a valve stem cap.
These are nothing more than any other decorative caps with helpful labeling.
Great idea that needs to be greater.
Sorry.

OIL_UDDER

Hard pass with dissimilar metal corrosion even with the nuisance of using never seize.
Great idea that needs to be improved even if it impacts costs.
Nothing stinks more than not being able to remove a valve stem cap.
These are nothing more than any other decorative caps with helpful labeling.
Great idea that needs to be greater.
Sorry.

Thanks for that input. We are considering a all plastic option but that would require a custom tool which is pricy for an untested product. If demand is there totally, if not this is totally fine for many including myself. When you add the fact you will also be removing and moving the caps as much as you rotate tires the issue reduces even more. There are also already thousands of galvanic interactions on a car already, including many service components. Nothing really that out of normal here. Lastly, we specifically have the caps as a hex for better grip and "wrench-ability" (That's a word right? lol). We avoided the knurled caps for this reason.

Thanks again for the comments.

Kevin

I applaud this effort and my "RF", "LF", "RR", "RF" written on duct tape isn't even close. Do you sell a single set? I don't need them on the installed wheels to tell me where the wheel is. I can see that. One set for the stored wheels is enough so I can put them on the correct corner next change. I take the valve caps off anyway to inflate the tires properly.