New user uses Baldwin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, new guy here. I've been reading post after post and I'm impressed with the board. Anyway, on to my post. I use Baldwin B43-S on my 05 Pontiac G6 GT and the oversized B35-S on my wife's 07 Chevy Equinox. My question is, I'd like to bump up in size on my G6, but the 35-S is just too long, as it would be the lowest point under the engine. Is there any way to upsize? If there isn't, I'm fine with the current size, since it's a quality filter. Just want to see if I can!

I think you're at your limits there. There are few offerings in the 18x1.5M thread. There are only 3 in Donaldson and one is a bypass filter ..which Baldwin also carries. There may be more, but that's all I found. The B7446 appears to be a 35-S without the "S".

Don't use longer and take the chance of tearing it off. Only way to go bigger/longer would be to install a remote filter setup. Not worth it IMO.

Originally Posted By: SuperBusa
Don't use longer and take the chance of tearing it off. Only way to go bigger/longer would be to install a remote filter setup. Not worth it IMO.

Space is definitely limited under there. I don't think a remote setup will work, simply because there's nowhere to put THAT either. Just a thought. At least on the Equinox, I CAN go bigger and not worry since it doesn't even come to the bottom of the pan and is tucked nicely behind the crossmember.

I agree your using Baldwin one of the best stick with OEM size dont take the chance.

and
welcome2.gif
to BITOG!!!!!!!!

Just for curiosity's sake, what does the S suffix mean? I don't get the definition on the Baldwin site. What exactly does it mean and why does it only seem to be on the 43S and 35S oil filters?

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
It probably means a silicon ADBV like it would for MotorCraft.

x2, would be my guess...

And that's better than nitrile rubber, right? Or do I have it backwards?

Originally Posted By: JethroTheDog

And that's better than nitrile rubber, right? Or do I have it backwards?
Silicone is generally considered superior to nitrile in adbv's. Most higher end oil filters use silicone adbv's.
welcome2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back