New user uses Baldwin

Hello, new guy here. I've been reading post after post and I'm impressed with the board. Anyway, on to my post. I use Baldwin B43-S on my 05 Pontiac G6 GT and the oversized B35-S on my wife's 07 Chevy Equinox. My question is, I'd like to bump up in size on my G6, but the 35-S is just too long, as it would be the lowest point under the engine. Is there any way to upsize? If there isn't, I'm fine with the current size, since it's a quality filter. Just want to see if I can!

I think you're at your limits there. There are few offerings in the 18x1.5M thread. There are only 3 in Donaldson and one is a bypass filter ..which Baldwin also carries. There may be more, but that's all I found. The B7446 appears to be a 35-S without the "S".

Don't use longer and take the chance of tearing it off. Only way to go bigger/longer would be to install a remote filter setup. Not worth it IMO.

JethroTheDog

Originally Posted By: SuperBusa
Don't use longer and take the chance of tearing it off. Only way to go bigger/longer would be to install a remote filter setup. Not worth it IMO.
Space is definitely limited under there. I don't think a remote setup will work, simply because there's nowhere to put THAT either. Just a thought. At least on the Equinox, I CAN go bigger and not worry since it doesn't even come to the bottom of the pan and is tucked nicely behind the crossmember.

I agree your using Baldwin one of the best stick with OEM size dont take the chance. and to BITOG!!!!!!!!

JethroTheDog

Just for curiosity's sake, what does the S suffix mean? I don't get the definition on the Baldwin site. What exactly does it mean and why does it only seem to be on the 43S and 35S oil filters?

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
It probably means a silicon ADBV like it would for MotorCraft.
x2, would be my guess...

JethroTheDog

And that's better than nitrile rubber, right? Or do I have it backwards?

Originally Posted By: JethroTheDog
And that's better than nitrile rubber, right? Or do I have it backwards?
Silicone is generally considered superior to nitrile in adbv's. Most higher end oil filters use silicone adbv's.