New Used Car - Advice Needed

You can always get the leak fixed, the vtec sensor was leaking on my Civic and was running around to the front of the motor and it's mounted just behind the valve cover, I had already replaced that gasket so I knew that wasn't it but found a video on YouTube from someone with the exact same problem, on mine another possible location was the distibutor o-ring being on that side of the engine.

Love affair? There was no love, feelings, emotions, etc mentioned. Please explain.
Simple. He asked what the advantage would be in using Mobil1 over Castrol. Instead of giving him a reason why Mobil1 is better all you told him is that you will be using it exclusively.in your Accord. Answer his question and tell him WHY you use it over Castrol. What don't you understand?

A little off-topic, but as far as oil leaks go on that vintage I4 Honda:

Double-check that the balance shaft seal has had a retainer put on it. It's something like a $5-10 part but if that shaft seal blows out you will have an immediate, massive oil leak. Ask me how I know.

Been a while since I've researched it so I don't know if they changed or fixed it by 2002, I know my wife's 2000 didn't have it.

Simple. He asked what the advantage would be in using Mobil1 over Castrol. Instead of giving him a reason why Mobil1 is better all you told him is that you will be using it exclusively.in your Accord. Answer his question and tell him WHY you use it over Castrol. What don't you understand?
You still haven’t answered my question. You keep evading it. Point out any mentions of being in love, any kind of emotions, feelings, etc.

Make your case and present your evidence please

Find out WHERE the leak is coming from FIRST. Since you said the top of the engine I would check to see if the bolts are loose on the valve cover.....you MIGHT get lucky ! If you want to change oils go with valvoline maxx life synth blend. Its the gold standard here for high mileage oils. I personally did this with a QT of marvel mystery oil and have seen a reduction of oil consumption after 8 months.

I have a 99 accord 4 cylinder with 223k on it. I believe I have a supertech filter on it and Mobil 1 high mileage 5w30 in it. I’d have to check. Great cars. I did a Berryman b12 oil flush a couple years ago and have been running synthetic high mileage oil. No major leaks, but it’s not bone dry either. I don’t have to add anything between oil changes. Really enjoy this car even though it’s a pretty bare bones DX. At least it’s a 5 speed with working ac!

You still haven’t answered my question. You keep evading it. Point out any mentions of being in love, any kind of emotions, feelings, etc.

Make your case and present your evidence please
You don't seem to be doing anything but skirting the issue. Trying to play the old topsy turvy game. I asked first so you can answer me first, then I'll address your question. Maybe that's too logical though

You don't seem to be doing anything but skirting the issue. Trying to play the old topsy turvy game. I asked first so you can answer me first, then I'll address your question. Maybe that's too logical though
Apparently, you presented an accusation which you could not provide any evidence or details to back up. You said I had a love affair with Mobil 1 oil. Please elaborate and provide details of me having a love affair with Mobil 1 oil.

Present any evidence you may have concerning love, feelings, and or emotions.

We’re all waiting for you to present your case to us.

Hi there, I recently bought a 2002 Honda Accord 4 cyl with >233,000 miles. It has an oil leak somewhere near the top rear passenger side of the motor. Honda calls for 5W-20. Some places say going to thicker oil might be good.

I have always used Castrol Edge full synthetic for other cars. What do you recommend I put in this car?

My understanding is that Castrol and Mobil 1 are the best oils to use. Would there be any advantage to Using Mobil 1 or just preference?
It is probably the Vtec solenoid gasket. They get brittle and leak over time. If you look behind the valve cover on pass the passenger side, just below where the valve cover meets the block. Easy to replace. If the leak is coming from the passenger side below the power steering pump and motor mount, it could be the VTC actuator o-ring. Also easy to replace. I'd get a new Mahle valve cover gasket kit, check and adjust the valves, and replace the gaskets I mentioned. Very easy to find videos on how to replace all of them.

FYI. I use 5w30 in both of my 06-07 K24 Accords, and my 07 Pilot. It's not going to hurt it. 5w30, 5w20, 0w20, 0w30 all work fine.

Back