new upcoming vehicles!!

car + driver showing some interesting rides upcoming, of all a few smaller + cheaper than typical 4 dr tank 4x4's. ram-dakota looks to be more affordable with several options available. give me a decent cargo space + keep the extra doors for houses!!

I like it, if I didn’t have 3 kids I’d be all over it!

A 3.6 in this is going to have the same problem that I have with the 3.6 in the Canyon. They were not really designed to be used as truck engines.

But Dodge really doesn't have much else to use. Sure, they'll probably come out with a Dakota R/T (or SRT) version with a 5.7... assuming that they can shoehorn it in between the fenders... and charge whatever they want for it, and easily sell every single one of them.

I'm still waiting for GM to put the 2.7 turbo in the Colorado/Canyon, which could replace both the 3.6 and the diesel.

A 3.6 in this is going to have the same problem that I have with the 3.6 in the Canyon. They were not really designed to be used as truck engines.

But Dodge really doesn't have much else to use. Sure, they'll probably come out with a Dakota R/T (or SRT) version with a 5.7... assuming that they can shoehorn it in between the fenders... and charge whatever they want for it, and easily sell every single one of them.

I'm still waiting for GM to put the 2.7 turbo in the Colorado/Canyon, which could replace both the 3.6 and the diesel.
I think the 3.6 can move a crew cab/short bed Ram 1500 just fine, no it won’t be winning races but it can get out of its own way just fine. The Ram 1500 with the v6 can tow 7,210lbs, a 5.7 with 3.21 gears like mine is rated for 7,990.

i was all hot for the gladiator until i seen the price + too SMALL box + too many doors!! not everyone can afford the 50 thou plus or minus TANKS + frankly if i cold afford one i would NOT buy one!!!

frankly I was super-impressed with rams etorque implementation between engine, motor and transmission. The shifts and auto s/s were in my opinion best of breed. The driveline was a pleasure to drive. A midsize with the 3.6 and eTorque would be more than adequate for the vast majority of midsize truck needs.

the picture of the baby ram also looks to my eye much more appealing than the Colorado or ranger, and the ranger has been my #1 in the midsize market based on everything except for interior and exterior shape. I like the features and the numbers for the ranger and quite like the I4.

but dang, the baby ram has the same elegant lines as the big ram, and let’s face it, fiat‘s engagement with dodge/ram has only helped the interiors.

and this is coming from a guy with very little love left for anything daimler.

m

frankly I was super-impressed with rams etorque implementation between engine, motor and transmission. The shifts and auto s/s were in my opinion best of breed. The driveline was a pleasure to drive. A midsize with the 3.6 and eTorque would be more than adequate for the vast majority of midsize truck needs.

the picture of the baby ram also looks to my eye much more appealing than the Colorado or ranger, and the ranger has been my #1 in the midsize market based on everything except for interior and exterior shape. I like the features and the numbers for the ranger and quite like the I4.

but dang, the baby ram has the same elegant lines as the big ram, and let’s face it, fiat‘s engagement with dodge/ram has only helped the interiors.

and this is coming from a guy with very little love left for anything daimler.

m

It has done wonders for the interiors, there is no denying that, I watched the transition unfold and it was pretty remarkable.

Back