New 2024 Toyota Tacoma

The truck looks great. The styling is overwrought but that’s the trend these days. The interior is nice and uses nice materials.

The TRD Pro has some nice suspension upgrades. Serious off road. The Trailhunter is nicely equipped as well and would be my pick. The expanded model line seems to have a truck optimized for every purpose. Street. Dirt. Overland camping. Towing. Sporty driving.

If the tow capacity was just a bit higher, I would have a Tacoma.

Does it use the same chassis as the current gen? If so, I think there will be serious limits to how competitive this truck is.

Wait til you hear about the 3” wider track and the extra “suspension” travel.

It's not a "home run".

Had a 2010...V6, 2wd, crew cab, long bed. Reliable as hell, performed like crap, rode even worse. 35k wheel bearings out, 65k out again. Got rid of it and will NEVER own another Tacoma. If Toyota can't figure out how to put a half way decent suspension in the most popular small truck, I'm done with them.

TFL’s new 2024 Tacoma broke. A big pop/snap sound in the front end and the 4WD system was dead.

Nah... I'll take one 2024 Nissan Frontier Hardbody edition please. And please include fries with my V6, thank you.
I think that Frontier is the last of working man's midsize trucks.
1000016141.jpg

1000016142.jpg

Nah... I'll take one 2024 Nissan Frontier Hardbody edition please. And please include fries with my V6, thank you.
I think that Frontier is the last of working man's midsize trucks.
View attachment 205987
View attachment 205988
Agreed. There’s not a single truck on the market today that appeals to me as someone whose first new vehicle was a 1981 Toyota 4x4 regular cab. I actually don’t need to specify “regular cab” because at the time it was the only cab. Your options back then were basically bed length, 2 or 4 wheel drive, and which of the three transmission options (4M, 5M and auto) you liked. My truck didn’t even have AC or power steering. I would have liked AC but I could still live without power steering even today.

If I had to buy another truck today the Frontier would be my closest choice, but I really wish there were a 4 cylinder option.

My buddy went through water in 2016 Taco TRD off road. Fr and R differentials and TC got hydration treatment.

Your buddy is an idiot.

Every vehicle has a maximum fording depth. Clueless individuals that don't realize that, or raise the breather height as high as possible, will have issues. Of course people who think their vehicle is a submarine, will eventually likely have issues even with raised breathers.

Your buddy is an idiot.

Every vehicle has a maximum fording depth. Clueless individuals that don't realize that, or raise the breather height as high as possible, will have issues. Of course people who think their vehicle is a submarine, will eventually likely have issues even with raised breathers.
i do agree. But this is kind of same thing as with Subaru. They jack up marketing, and people really think Taco is Puch G.

Back