New Toy :0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked this up last friday. Needs a good cleaning, and probably will end up converting it to a para stock. From the looks it doesn't look like it's ever been shot.

dscn1053.jpg

Is it an FN?

Don't you wish you could still walk into any gun dealer and buy a Browning made by FN at a reasonable price?

Nice FAL you have there....never fired!.....I'm jealous.

Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS
Is it an FN?

Don't you wish you could still walk into any gun dealer and buy a Browning made by FN at a reasonable price?

Nice FAL you have there....never fired!.....I'm jealous.
The good old days.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
well you got me...
cheers3.gif

What is it?
Bill you don't know FAL?????

Not really into too many rifles.

AR-15, Rimfires, Marlin/Henry/Browning Lever actions I'm familiar with.

But FAL? Nope.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Keiser561
The right arm of the free world! How much? If you dont mind.

What kinda computer you building? :p

$800. Imbel Receiver, and Steyr BC, Lower, and Barrel, numbers matching.

AMD Phenom II 955 Black Edition Quad Core @ 3.2Ghz (no oc'ing yet).
4GB DDR3 1600mhz Ram
ASUS Mobo
ASUS 9500 GT GFX card (not big into gaming)
WD 640 GB Sata Drive
Standard CD Drive and CD Burner.
Antec P183 Case with the CP 850 PSU.

The FAL was the arm of choice for the free world for many many years. I have one built on Brazilian and Steyr parts on an Imbel receiver. Never let me down.

Those and the JLD PTR91 rifles are just fun. I wish 7.62 NATO surplus was still cheap. Last time I stocked up it was a 1,000 round case for 125 bucks. Now its .50 cents or more per shot.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
With the price of ammo I do 223 and 22 LR!!!

I don't much enjoy shooting 22LR anymore. I sold my 10/22 ruger, and I think my marlin is the only .22LR I own anymore. I like the walther p22, just don't like the lack of capacity.

Matt

I have an Australian made L1A1 version of the FN-FAL that was made in 1969. It was originally made for the Singapore Police Force. It has most of the original finish left on it and is numbers matching. Very well built rifle, and I picked it up for $450.00 back in the middle 90's. Not sure what it would be worth today, anybody have any idea? Nice rifle you have Buffman, you will enjoy it for many years to come. When you shoot it, try changing the gas regulator settings to see which works the best. Mine works best on 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back