New Tow Vehicle

On the 1500 I stand in the doorway of the truck
I use
https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/ceramic+3in1+wax.do
very easier to use and was one of the most durable in testing.
I use one of these:

On the 1500 I stand in the doorway of the truck
I use
https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/ceramic+3in1+wax.do
very easier to use and was one of the most durable in testing.
That's what I am using.
1628528303097.jpg

We had a yellow one a few weeks ago someone ordered. It’s all no idea when stuff comes. Basically if you want something specific right now it’s best to order and get it in the pipeline

great truck 👍🏼

With 4+ years on our '17 RAM Dually Diesel, we've had no emissions issues. Most of the other owners I've talked to report the same experience. Do some have issues? sure. But I think it's exaggerated a bit.

Congrats on your new truck.
Can't say the same for earlier years. 2013 Ram Diesel with lots of emissions issues.
Plus more expensive std. maintenance. I will pass in the future. Gas seems like it can handle a bulk of the load.

But anyway like the new truck!

Do you and the people you speak to run the truck HARD? That's the only way to not have emissions issues with the newer diesels. They need to be run hard all day every day to hot have problems.

Depends. It sits a fair amount. I use it to plow the driveway in winter, occasional trips to the store and gas station. But it does tow a large and heavy 5th wheel toy hauler. We're sitting in it for Speedweek on the Bonneville Salt Flats, with the A/C blasting and the cooled leather seats keeping our butts cool, with the engine idling, as I post this reply. We pulled the 5th wheel here for the event.

Is the 6.4 hemi in the Ram 2500 the same one used in SRT models, but detuned?
From what I understand, no. Different pistons (6.4 truck has forged pistons, 6.4 SRT uses hyperutectic cast), different intake manifolds, different camshaft, and different cylinder heads. Both however have oil squirters for the pistons, forged crank shafts, and sodium filled exhaust valves.

Back